Good Demo Disk Needed: Creepy with lots of surround sound effects [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Good Demo Disk Needed: Creepy with lots of surround sound effects

nightflier
07-27-2007, 05:29 PM
I'm having some family over for the weekend and I'm looking for a few good scary movies that have great surround sound effects, the kind that come up from behind, make your skin crawl, and keep you from putting your feet on the floor.

This is for a younger/teen audience, so I'm not looking for Hostel-type violence & gore, but rather something with bugs, slithering things, and stuff that sounds like something's breathing down your neck. It should scare adults too. Any suggestions to really show off a new surround-sound setup?

Thanks.

eisforelectronic
07-27-2007, 07:03 PM
The Haunting in DTS
Resident Evil 1 or 2
Aliens
Slither might be fun
The Mummy and Mummy Returns

PeruvianSkies
07-27-2007, 07:21 PM
WHAT LIES BENEATH has some decent creepy surrounds, it's also in DTS. THIRTEEN GHOSTS also has some nice surrounds and such, but not sure if it's a little 'too much' based on what you said.

nightflier
07-31-2007, 10:05 AM
Well we watched Slither and Dreamcatcher and had our fill of slithering things for a while. The bathtub scene in Slither was a hoot and with Dreamcatcher, I didn't know it was about aliens until halfway through! (although I don't know why it was called Dreamcatcher)

But the surround sound on both films was pretty friggin' cool. Thanks!

noddin0ff
07-31-2007, 11:24 AM
I kinda liked THE OTHERS. Family safe. Subtle but very effective sound effects. A decent ghost story.

eisforelectronic
07-31-2007, 07:23 PM
Well we watched Slither and Dreamcatcher and had our fill of slithering things for a while. The bathtub scene in Slither was a hoot and with Dreamcatcher, I didn't know it was about aliens until halfway through! (although I don't know why it was called Dreamcatcher)

But the surround sound on both films was pretty friggin' cool. Thanks!

They really sold Dreamcatcher as a completely different movie. I remember thinking "what the hell is going on with these aliens?"