Steve Carell as Maxwell Smart [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Steve Carell as Maxwell Smart

ForeverAutumn
07-27-2007, 10:35 AM
It's gonna be sweeeeeeeeeeet!

We saw the trailer for Get Smart last night, before Harry Potter. If the trailer is any indication, it's gonna be funny as hell! I can't imagine a better modern day Agent 86.

Rich-n-Texas
07-27-2007, 10:43 AM
I wonder who plays 99?

PeruvianSkies
07-27-2007, 11:07 AM
I wonder who plays 99?

ANNE HATHAWAY.

Agent 23 is THE ROCK and Terrence Stamp is Siegfried.

kexodusc
07-27-2007, 11:15 AM
Yeah, we saw the preview too...looks like a good one. I oved the TV show as a kid.

Rich-n-Texas
07-27-2007, 11:25 AM
ANNE HATHAWAY.
"That's hot."

Agent 23 is THE ROCK and Terrence Stamp is Siegfried.
Y'all may find this laughable, but for some reason I think the Rock will perform well in a comedic role. He's done at least one other comedy; didn't see it, but to me he just has this look about him that seems to lend itself to the genre.

PeruvianSkies
07-27-2007, 11:35 AM
Steve Carell has the potential to be the next great comedic legend. Unlike the Jim Carrey's or the Steve Martin's out there, he can do more than just one single comedic act. He is versatile with his abilities and it's great to see him hit his stride lately. I particularly liked his role in LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE. Maybe his name will go down in history with Chaplin, WC Fields, Marx Bros, and others. Who knows.

JSE
07-27-2007, 11:46 AM
"That's hot."

Y'all may find this laughable, but for some reason I think the Rock will perform well in a comedic role. He's done at least one other comedy; didn't see it, but to me he just has this look about him that seems to lend itself to the genre.

The Rock is actually at his best in comedic roles. He was pretty good in the sequel to Get Shorty (can't remember the name) where he played a not quite out of the closet gay body guard/struggling actor. He was actually pretty darn good in the role. And, his SNL host appearance was a classic.

Rich-n-Texas
07-27-2007, 11:58 AM
"BE COOL". I was just reading about it on the Blockbuster website.

PeruvianSkies
07-27-2007, 01:27 PM
"BE COOL". I was just reading about it on the Blockbuster website.

The Rock was the best part about that film, otherwise it was lame lame lame.
I also agree about his performance on SNL and I am glad to see him emerge as a talented actor/comedic actor rather than a hardbody in movies like THE SCORPION KING...yawn!

Troy
07-27-2007, 03:09 PM
I thought everything The Rock was in was a comedy. I mean, I'm just say'n.

Rich-n-Texas
07-27-2007, 06:04 PM
:lol:

I like your old sig better Troy.

Rich-n-Texas
08-02-2007, 11:40 AM
Hey! Do you think they'll have the Cone of Silence fixed by the time the movie's released?:idea:

GMichael
08-02-2007, 12:06 PM
:lol:

I like your old sig better Troy.

That IS his old signature. The last one was the new one.

I didn't know there was a new Get Smart movie. I used to love that show.
Not sure if the old gag, "excuse me, but your shoe is ringing" will have the same inpact as it did in the 60's and 70's.
Missed it by THAT MUCH....

Rich-n-Texas
08-02-2007, 12:12 PM
Well, I do get his point about the sarcasm detector. It would definately come in handy with some people around here...

The Cone of Silence scenes were just hilarious!

GMichael
08-02-2007, 12:18 PM
Well, I do get his point about the sarcasm detector. It would definately come in handy with some people around here...

The Cone of Silence scenes were just hilarious!

WHAT?

Rich-n-Texas
08-02-2007, 02:59 PM
Guess not. :incazzato:

Mr Peabody
08-02-2007, 07:35 PM
I'll remain open minded but to fill Don Adams shoes with such a unique character will be a huge task. He has to get the voice down for it to work for me. But, I was, surprised when FP Jr. pulled off the Shaggy role. Maybe with the movie coming out TV Land will spin some re-runs for us. I'll have to get the DVR working then. Oop, gotta go, KAOS is trying to hack through my firewall.

Worf101
08-03-2007, 03:56 AM
I'm surprised though that "Get Smart" got made BEFORE "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.". I figured that was a no-brainer for the talentless, hacks of Hollywood. Hmmm Ilya Kuriakin, more "man candy" for F.A.

Da Worfster

Luvin Da Blues
08-03-2007, 04:26 AM
Get Smart was one of my favs as a kid too. I just hope it's not as lame as the Beverly Hillbilly's remake (another of my favs as a kid).

Rich-n-Texas
08-03-2007, 04:54 AM
David McCallum, who played Ilya Kuryakin on U.N.C.L.E can be found on the TV show N.C.I.S? He plays an ME named "Ducky" Mallard.

(Just some useless trivia for ya)

GMichael
08-03-2007, 05:04 AM
David McCallum, who played Ilya Kuryakin on U.N.C.L.E can be found on the TV show N.C.I.S? He plays an ME named "Ducky" Mallard.

(Just some useless trivia for ya)

I've seen that. It's always nice to see the old timers still working.

Mr Peabody
08-03-2007, 04:41 PM
I think the remake of Gilligan's Island should be next. We could start a great thread just trying to cast that movie!

ForeverAutumn
08-03-2007, 06:49 PM
I think the remake of Gilligan's Island should be next. We could start a great thread just trying to cast that movie!

Jim Belushi as the Skipper. I originally thought John Goodman, but it would always seem like Fred Flintstone as the Skipper.

Mr Peabody
08-03-2007, 08:12 PM
What about David Spade as Gilligan? My mind will have to wonder for awhile on picking my Ginger and MaryAnn. How about Larry King's first movie role as the professor? Barbara Walters as Mrs. Howell and Eugene Levy as Mr. Howell, or George Clooney.

ForeverAutumn
08-04-2007, 07:32 AM
I like David Spade and Eugene Levy. The professor has to be younger and more attractive. I'm thinking Ralph Fiennes.

What about Natalie Portman as Mary Ann?

Rich-n-Texas
08-04-2007, 08:10 AM
Paris Hilton as Ginger. Nicole Ritchie as Maryann!

:biggrin5:

Mr Peabody
08-04-2007, 09:33 AM
Rich, I hope that was an attempt at humor :)

FA, to be honest I am terrible at putting the names with the body, I mean face. If you told me what movie or character an actress played then it might turn on the bulb. Or, hey, where's the jpeg of Natalie!

Rich-n-Texas
08-04-2007, 10:00 AM
Yes it was, but I also suggested it in FA's casting thread. Unlike Nicole though, Maryann never got pregnant...