Just got my 5 channel amp back from the shop! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Just got my 5 channel amp back from the shop!

Swish
07-23-2007, 08:50 AM
The bill was $345.00 to repair the damage from that lightning strike. It needed a couple transistors, a diode, several parts in the standby power supply, along with 5 hours of work at $60 per. It appears I'm covered through the warranty on the Monster surge protector, but I won't be holding my breath waiting for a check. They did send me a new surge unit, but I have to send a bunch of stuff to them now, including the damaged piece. We shall see.

I already spent about $130 to have my garage door opener repaired, and just discovered my Epson scanner is shot, most likely from that lightning strike. The fun just never ends.

Swish

3-LockBox
07-23-2007, 09:06 AM
Its a good thing your surge protector warranty worked. What did they tell you...6-8 weeks for a check. Does your homeowner's insurance cover lightning strikes?

Swish
07-23-2007, 09:58 AM
Its a good thing your surge protector warranty worked. What did they tell you...6-8 weeks for a check. Does your homeowner's insurance cover lightning strikes?

:confused5: Just kidding. My deductible is $500, so it's not worth filing a claim unless the damages were much higher. Not sure how long Monster will fool with my request for payment, but I'll take it whenever they're ready.

Swish