Samsung LN-T4665F LCD HDTV [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Samsung LN-T4665F LCD HDTV

jim_ny
07-21-2007, 06:33 AM
Hello,

I am looking at HDTVs to compliment a home theater system I am putting together. I am considering the Samsung LN-T4665F LCD HDTV, as it seems to be the best in its class and the colors and blacks looked amazing at the store. I am leaning towards LCD (over plasma) based on viewing several of each type at the store.

One salesperson brought up the concept of "pixelazation" and that LCD was more susceptible to this than the plasmas. I was disappointed to notice this effect on both types of TVs, but they didn't have the Samsung model available during the pixelazation demonstration. I didn't notice the pixelazation on the Samsung when viewing it at another store.

Should I be concerned with pixelazation on this TV? Is the model I have chosen going to rival the top LCD/Plasma televisions on the market today? Does anyone have advice on LCD or plasma?

Thanks for your advice!

pixelthis
07-25-2007, 01:16 AM
Hello,

I am looking at HDTVs to compliment a home theater system I am putting together. I am considering the Samsung LN-T4665F LCD HDTV, as it seems to be the best in its class and the colors and blacks looked amazing at the store. I am leaning towards LCD (over plasma) based on viewing several of each type at the store.

One salesperson brought up the concept of "pixelazation" and that LCD was more susceptible to this than the plasmas. I was disappointed to notice this effect on both types of TVs, but they didn't have the Samsung model available during the pixelazation demonstration. I didn't notice the pixelazation on the Samsung when viewing it at another store.

Should I be concerned with pixelazation on this TV? Is the model I have chosen going to rival the top LCD/Plasma televisions on the market today? Does anyone have advice on LCD or plasma?

Thanks for your advice!
It seems that this "pixelization" is caused from momentary signal loss.
I have had several sammy products, all were great, including my dvd player.
But I did have a "bright pixel" on my samsung 19in computer monitor, a red one, but you can't really notice it unless conditions are just right.
If you want high end make sure you get 1080p, as for plasma/lcd, plasma looks better than the cheaper lcd sets, but the more expensive ones rival it.
Also plasma is a heavy glass envelope holding a vaccume that if it leaks will kill your set.
And there are burn in and other problems, things to consider.
There are problems with lcd, black level can be a small prob, but most dont notice it if the sets set up right. And response time used to lead to something called "lag" but this has largely been solved, I see some "lag" on my vizio, a pretty cheap set, but its rare and not really that noticable.
AND all of the sammy tv sets I have seen do look pretty great, but I have always been a sony man, and will buy that if I can ever afford it:1: