Outlaw Audio LFM-1 $300 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Outlaw Audio LFM-1 $300

aaphile
07-19-2007, 07:47 PM
Found this deal on ebay. Whatcha think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Outlaw-LFM-1-Subwoofer-New_W0QQitemZ290141198355QQihZ019QQcategoryZ3275QQ rdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

royphil345
07-20-2007, 12:31 AM
Hmmmm...

The fact that this eBayer's account has been inactive for over 90 days and he's never sold a single item before does not inspire confidence. Also, the low "buy it now" price might be a little suspicious. Why not try to get more? Identity theft? I don't see anything that really proves fraud here (some fraudsters offer world wide shipping on items that would be almost impossible to ship overseas, etc...), but this auction certainly does not inspire confidence at all. Proceed at your own risk... Why are you here linking to suspicious eBay auctions all of the sudden with your first post?

Sent the seller this question, so we'll see. If he produces the pic... I'll apologize profusely and call this an excellent deal. If not, I'll alert ebay. I'll keep you guys posted here.

I really don't mean to offend, but you can't be too careful these days. The low "buy it now" price on this item seems like it might be a little too good to be true... and you know how the saying goes... Also you're account has been inactive for over 90 days and you've never sold an item before.

Could you email a pic of all 5 of the Outlaw subs you have for sale to royphil345@yahoo.com ?

Thanks

royphil345
07-20-2007, 08:08 AM
UPDATE:

Well... Guy replied quickly, promised a pic of all the subwoofers. Said if I waited, he was probably going to raise the price. Never got the pic. Guy from California ended his email with "cheers".

They're all "sold" now. Have a feeling 5 people just got ripped off...

aaphile
07-20-2007, 04:50 PM
I emailed him today and he sent me a couple of pictures today, looked legit. Was 6 boxes, and it looks like he has sold 6. I didn't get a chance to buy any as others beat me to it. He said he will list more next week, so Ill keep checking.

royphil345
07-20-2007, 07:10 PM
In that case... Would you mind posting the pic?

Wonder why you got one and I didn't???

Cheers

Tom Vodhanel
07-21-2007, 03:32 PM
Guys, please be very careful with this "deal". Apparently there is a thread identical to this in just about every A/V forum on the intenet right now and a lot of people are smelling "scam". The suggestion is the OP(original poster) IS the ebay seller. Now, I have no idea is that is true of course. And the outlaw subwoofers are very good values. Just be careful.

Tom V.
SVS

royphil345
07-21-2007, 04:21 PM
Yeah... The seller is still contacting me today, even though the subwoofers were all sold out yesterday. I'm sure it's due to this thread. He did however just send me a photo of some Outlaw subs in open boxes.

I still don't know for sure... I'd say the original post was the seller spamming at the very least... If he gets good feedback from these 5 buyers, he shouldn't have any more problems in the future. If not... We'll know... He was selling multiple expensive items at suspiciously low "buy it now" prices when his account's been inactive for awhile and he's never sold a single item before... Shilling on audio message boards... Who wouldn't be suspicious?

Might have to get me one of your SVSs Tom...