Jse Infinite Slope 1.8 Speaker [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Jse Infinite Slope 1.8 Speaker

cocopeep
07-19-2007, 02:09 PM
Is anyone familiar with the JSE INFINITE SLOPE speaker lineup? I have the 1.8 which is about midway in size compared to the other JSE models. They are about 20 years old now with all original drivers. The woofers needed the foam replaced, which I got on e-bay and did them myself. The 4- 10" drivers work perfectly and offer tighter bass after I replaced the foam surrounds. I did blow a tweeter around 1992 and since they were still in business then, I was able to get a matching replacement.

specs from original brochure

Specs are 89db sensitivity 1 watt 1M
30 watts min, 300 watts input max
35 hz to 20 kHz +/- 2dB
Tweeter- 28mm textile dome aperiodic damping hex coil former
Midrange- 170mm polycone mounted in its own acoustically treated sub enclosure
Bass- 2-10" in phase shift bass loading system

Cabinet enclosure 1.5" high density front cabinet. 110 lbs each

bi-wirable

chucksrt
11-06-2010, 08:01 AM
I have used infinite slope speakers for a long time. I love them!!! If you need info on them contact John Sollecito at Source speakers. I have Model 1 speakers right now and had the .8 a while ago. Really good speakers!!!
Chuck

JohnMichael
11-06-2010, 08:37 AM
Joseph Audio is now making speakers using the Infinite crossover technology. I do not remember if they bought out JSE Infinite Slope but they may be able to help.

http://josephaudio.com/JosephAudio/Welcome_To_Joseph_Audio.html

chucksrt
11-10-2010, 09:11 PM
When I contacted Joseph Audio they said they didn't deal with the Infinite Slope speakers and that John from Sourcespeaker.com did. I just picked up a pair of 1.8A speakers and can't wait to hook them up!!!