Ultimate YES [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate YES

MasterCylinder
02-23-2004, 09:43 AM
Sorry if this disc has been previously discussed -- it has been a long time since I have paid a visit to the board.

I received this disc from my SO as a gift and at first I thought it was no big deal as I have most of the material on other CDs..........but, it has been a nice surprise. The negatives are the "single" versions of AMERICA and THE CALLING and a horrible previously unheard of version of BIG GENERATOR that really sux.

The best positive on this compilation package is the sonics -- the remastering of some of these songs is remarkable. I was incredibly impressed with the songs from FRAGILE........i.e., LONG DISTANCE RUNAROUND and SOUTH SIDE OF THE SKY. These songs sound terrific.

We all have our preferences as to which tunes should be utilized in any comp disc but this one is worth the bucks if you don't have all the other YES box sets.

ForeverAutumn
02-23-2004, 10:53 AM
Hi MC! Good to see you again. Is this the 3-disk set where the 3rd disk is mostly (or maybe all) acoustic stuff?

MasterCylinder
02-23-2004, 11:38 AM
One and the same...............not bad.

Dave_G
02-23-2004, 01:14 PM
I won't get that set but I did buy the new dvd, it was only $17.99 at Circuit City, 2 dvds, basically a documentary.

Dave

MasterCylinder
02-23-2004, 01:54 PM
I won't get that set but I did buy the new dvd, it was only $17.99 at Circuit City, 2 dvds, basically a documentary.

Dave

So.................tell me about it. Is it cool ?

Dave_G
02-24-2004, 08:15 AM
I will probably watch it once and then shelve it.

I viewed about 20 minutes of it, it's real introspective, interesting but I still would prefer a total gig film versus snippets of live footage.

Dave