Moderator Update? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Moderator Update?

Rich-n-Texas
07-19-2007, 07:59 AM
As far as I know, this is Sir Terrence The Terrible's last post in Sept of '06

The time has come for Sir T to move on. My first notion was to just stop visiting the site and fade into the sunset, but I thought it would be better to thank some very cool people who have truely(and I mean that) affected my online and offline life in a very positive way. I am not angry at anyone, not dissatified with management, but I am bored coming here.

Gone are the great debates between informative minds where I actually learned something. Gone are the most knowledgeable people that used to populate this site (Richard Greene being my most remembered) and really schooled me on things I didn't know. I am not learning anything anymore That's not exactly bad as things, people, and times change. I guess this has been brewing for a while with me, as I have found myself coming less and less here. I have been on this site a hair less than 10 years, and while my style hasn't change much, the people here have.

To my brudda Wooch; my absence from here will mean nothing much for you. We will still communicate and eventually meet up for that promised beer. I remember when you joined audioreview. You had a tremendous thirst for audio knowledge, and over the years you quenched that thirst in a big way. The amount of information, and the accuracy of that information has left me astounded, and proud that I could be of some small help to you.

Edtyct, never really been a video display guy, but I have learned a great deal from your postings and am beginning to work very hard to achieve a balance between my audio and video knowledge. Thanks for stimulating the grey matter, its been a while since that been done.

Worf, Kex, topspeed, JR, LJ and all of my other brudda's in the Favorite film section, what a great joy exchanging movie reviews with you guys. I have managed to broaden my taste in movies, and find out that I was viewing drivel in the eyes of my most esteem klingon. LOL

Resident loser, I really had a tough time understanding your perspective on many issues, however I have grown to respect your knowledge and opinions in a very profound way, even if I didn't necessarily agree.

If I missed anyone specifically I just want to give a collective thanks to all.

All of the other old dinosaurs that were here(and there weren't many) when I got here have all gone and turned to oil. The T-man is going to follow in their steps. If anyone would like to personally contact me, you can send a private message and we'll exchange email addresses. Peace to all, and please keep the place together will ya!! LOL
To me this means he should be removed from the list of forum moderators.

And this is looks to be Geoffcin's last post at the end of January:

Since SONY is LOOSING mony on each and every PS3 sold, I don't see how not selling too many can hurt thier profits. Actually, NOT selling them means better cash flow!

They bet the bank on including BlueRay tech into the PS3, and I think the've sold about a dozen BlueRay disks at the inflated asking prices. Serves them right.
I don't see where this individual is shouldering any of the responsibilities that come with discussion forum moderation. Nor am I particularly interested in hearing the excuse that moderators aren't paid to police... they knew that before they accepted the responsibility.

I've read where members have sent e-mails to the mods, but the mods say they never got them. Well, how about some maintenance of this site by the admin?

"Well, you can always go somewhere else like the AVS forum".

Very true, I could, and I could establish relationships (some good some not so good) there as easily as I have here, but I'm here and I think all of us deserve a better platform for the information sharing that brings us together. I've said in previous rants that this site is poorly managed (a sentiment shared by others who don't provide this *community* with the benefits of their knowledge, wit and wisdom like they used to) which is just too bad.

ericl, I'd like to request your input on this site's administrative challenges and how you and the marketing company that owns this forum satisfy the concerns that the community members have here. Also, if the sponsors see a decline in traffic and membership, do they communicate with you?<!-- / message --><!-- sig --><!-- / message --><!-- sig -->