Interesting Stan Ridgeway collaboration [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Stan Ridgeway collaboration

Snowbunny
07-18-2007, 07:25 PM
This is definitely Troy territory, but I got an email from Mark Ryden's studio today announcing a rare sale of limited prints in Japanese Silk boxes (yummy- Bunnys and Bees) and saw that Ridgeway has a soundtrack for Ryden's "The Blood Show" available at cdbaby. Sounds like an exquisite pairing!

The latest release by Stan Ridgway pairs him with vocalist Pietra Wexstun, of Hecate's Angels. Together they have composed a soundtrack for artist Mark Ryden's latest series of paintings, entitled Blood.

Anyone heard this yet? I have an idea of Pietra's voice from somewhere, but I can't remember from where...

Dave_G
07-21-2007, 08:52 AM
I don't know about any of this but I am going to see him this Friday night in concert!

Way looking forward to it.

Dave

Troy
07-21-2007, 09:40 AM
Yeah, I have this. It was written as background music for a Mark Ryden exhibition. It would play in the background on a loop.

It's dark moody and ethereal. Imagine the newage music Morticia Addams would play and you'd be on the right track.

Gorgeous packaging with paintings by Ryden of big eyed girls, Abe Lincoln and raw meat.

More here including sound file:
http://tinyurl.com/2f3bn4

Have fun Dave, say for me.

Swish
07-22-2007, 12:27 PM
I don't know about any of this but I am going to see him this Friday night in concert!

Way looking forward to it.

Dave

...I expect a nice review after the show so I know what to expect. Deal?

Swish

Snowbunny
07-23-2007, 04:27 PM
Thanks for the link, Troy.

I find it really soothing, like it should be a Tim Burton soundtrack to me. I only wish there was some Pietra vocals on the sample, but based on the packaging alone its probably worth picking up.

Not at all what I expected.

Snowie