KHL 900b Deal [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : KHL 900b Deal

ctsoccer13
07-18-2007, 10:11 AM
Hi all!

First time poster, long time reader/review checker.

I have a deal in the works to get a pair of KHL 900b Bookshelf speakers for $25. My question is: Should I go through with it or spend a bit more for a newer set of speakers?

I'd love to hear your opinions!

Thanks!
CT

nightflier
07-18-2007, 02:12 PM
I got a pair of these for free a few years back, and for free speakers they are passable. For $25, it's still inexpensive, but not nearly such a good deal. For $25 you could probably find a pair of used speakers on eBay that are way better.

Luvin Da Blues
07-18-2007, 05:38 PM
Hi all!

First time poster, long time reader/review checker.

I have a deal in the works to get a pair of KHL 900b Bookshelf speakers for $25. My question is: Should I go through with it or spend a bit more for a newer set of speakers?

I'd love to hear your opinions!

Thanks!
CT

I had a pair of KLH's bookshelves (for about five minutes)..I gave them to a guy at work. May not be the same model but probably the same sound. The amount you spend doesn't matter (there is some good deals on eBay) but I would stay away from the newer KLH.

The sad part is a lone time ago they had a respectable name in the biz.

basite
07-19-2007, 06:28 AM
The sad part is a lone time ago they had a respectable name in the biz.

until they went out of business after henry left (reason: broke, kloss was a pioneer, they couldn't make it without him) and then they probably were bought by some cheapo-unknown electronical 'things' manufacturer. Same with advent, they went broke, then jensen bought them for cheap and then still built great speakers, although they weren't genuine advents. then jensen went broke too and the whole comany was bought by that cheapo unknown company, and now they're both degraded to build cheap stuff, I dunno wether they are still doing that now though, I remember that advent made in car dvd players and portable dvd players in the late 90's but after that...

anyways, back on the topic. for $25, look a little further and get yourself a pair of real klh's or advents, or ar's...

Keep them spinning,
Bert.