What songs do you skip? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What songs do you skip?

ForeverAutumn
07-14-2007, 12:24 PM
I was listening to Dark Side of the Moon this afternoon and when it came to Money, I found myself reaching for the "skip" button. I am just so sick of this song that I can't listen to it anymore. I still love the rest of the disk though.

What songs are you so tired of hearing that you skip them when you listen to the album?

Luvin Da Blues
07-14-2007, 12:41 PM
I was listening to Dark Side of the Moon this afternoon and when it came to Money, I found myself reaching for the "skip" button. I am just so sick of this song that I can't listen to it anymore. I still love the rest of the disk though.

What songs are you so tired of hearing that you skip them when you listen to the album?

All the bad to mediocre ones. I have so much music and it takes along time to get around to hearing any one again, but I never seem to tire of the ones I call good. At my age I don't have time for any song unless it's an excellent tune IMHO and theres so many good ones out there. If I had to list them all I wouldn't be able to post it for a long time. But to answer your Q, just about any Styx or REO Speedwagon song and I hate to say this to ya FA but a lot of early Rush.

I've ripped all my music to my computer (in lossless) and have set up various playlists just to avoid this problem. It took awhile but definitely worth it.

Rae
07-14-2007, 04:38 PM
I usually start <i>last night we were the delicious wolves</i> on "Jealous of Yr Cigarette" (skipping "Striptease"). Generally I don't do this... but I'm sure there are other examples.

~Rae

Finch Platte
07-15-2007, 09:04 PM

You have the new Tomahawk and you're listening to Dark Side Of The Moon? Again??

Cripes. :skep:

ForeverAutumn
07-16-2007, 09:31 AM
You have the new Tomahawk and you're listening to Dark Side Of The Moon? Again??

Cripes. :skep:

I was iPodding and your mysery disk isn't on there yet. What can I say? :shrug:

GMichael
07-16-2007, 09:39 AM
I hate to say this to ya FA but a lot of early Rush.

Say it aint so! I love their earlier LP's. Oh well. Skip away.

If I'm listening to one of the CD's I bought, then I don't normally skip. When one of my wife's CD's are in, I'll like to skip the whole CD. I was never much of a fan-a-lo.

Luvin Da Blues
07-16-2007, 09:50 AM
Say it aint so! I love their earlier LP's. Oh well. Skip away.

If I'm listening to one of the CD's I bought, then I don't normally skip. When one of my wife's CD's are in, I'll like to skip the whole CD. I was never much of a fan-a-lo.

Don't get me wrong GM, I love them to but I have heard that so much in my life.....and being Canadian they probably got more air play up here...:cornut:

GMichael
07-16-2007, 10:08 AM
Don't get me wrong GM, I love them to but I have heard that so much in my life.....and being Canadian they probably got more air play up here...:cornut:

I'm sure they did. Our local radio station was too busy playing Bruce Springsteen or South Side Johny every 3rd song to be bothered with the likes of Rush. They play more of it now than they did when it first came out.

Troy
07-16-2007, 10:13 AM
When I play Sgt. Pepper I invariably skip "Within You and Without You."

Mr MidFi
07-16-2007, 10:34 AM
As great as Yankee Hotel Foxtrot is...sometimes I just don't want to hear that somber "Radio Cure" song. Cheer up, indeed.

The live version works better, IMO.

bobsticks
07-16-2007, 04:53 PM
I was iPodding and your mysery disk isn't on there yet. What can I say? :shrug:

Careful Autumn-girl or you may come home to caribou mating in your living room. There's some strong hoodoo in them tunes.

Rae
07-17-2007, 09:38 AM
"Bomb. Repeat. Bomb"

Feanor
07-17-2007, 11:09 AM

I have two versions of Dark Side of the Moon:

Vinyl, purchased sometime before 1980
SACD, purchased about 4 years ago when I got my Sony SCD-CE775.Basically I never listen to viny, (life's too short :sleep: ). I've listen to the SACD once since I set up my HT, just to hear the M/C effect; that was 1-2 years ago.

Does this mean I skip all the songs? :confused:

Hyfi
07-17-2007, 11:24 AM

Wait just a minute. Your not supposed to skip any songs while listening to DSOTM or you ruin the whole buzz!

For a unique version of Money, try finding a copy of this:
http://www.google.com/musicl?lid=XtUdvFY2P6K&aid=VKAsDuOa7cM

It's the Easy Star All Stars album and remake called Dub Side of the Moon. They replaced the cash register with Bong Hits on Money making it more bearable. The whole disk is quite interesting.

Finch Platte
07-17-2007, 01:04 PM
Wait just a minute. Your not supposed to skip any songs while listening to DSOTM or you ruin the whole buzz!

For a unique version of Money, try finding a copy of this:
http://www.google.com/musicl?lid=XtUdvFY2P6K&aid=VKAsDuOa7cM

It's the Easy Star All Stars album and remake called Dub Side of the Moon. They replaced the cash register with Bong Hits on Money making it more bearable. The whole disk is quite interesting.

I second this. It's one of my favorite discs, and I don't listen to DSotM, due to hearing it too much on the radio. :mad5:

Don't get the live DVD of them doing it- pretty lame. :Yawn:

Mike
07-17-2007, 02:08 PM
If I'm honest I probably skip more tracks than I listen to when I spin an album that's why God created the comp so I don't have to listen to all the crud, and that's another reason why I couldn't go back to vinyl.

Talking about Easy All Stars anybody heard the Radiohead version, not quite as good but the dub versions work pretty well.

Cheers
Mike

Troy
07-17-2007, 05:10 PM
I did not like the Radiohead one nearly as much. It felt flat to me. I'm sure part of it is that OK Computer is not tightly wrapped around my DNA like DSOTM is.

"Us and Them" tho, sublime. Better than the original. That's the song I'm more likely to be the one that I skip when I play DSOTM.

PeruvianSkies
07-17-2007, 10:30 PM
For music-lovers like us, the radio is both a blessing and a curse...it exposes us to material, but also wears out some of the best songs to the point where we can't listen to them anymore. I typically NEVER listen to the radio and I think it's help me stay safe from exhaustion of classic songs.