So, most of you* already know... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : So, most of you* already know...

Finch Platte
07-13-2007, 10:31 AM
...but this was the Mysery Disc. http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/dri700/i770/i77060bwo3n.jpg

FA, I didn't hear anything, so I hope I'm not spoiling the "surprise." :17:

fp

*Most of you, meaning those who applied for it.

ForeverAutumn
07-13-2007, 11:13 AM
It finally arrived on Wednesday! It's been competing for time with the new Crowded House and Ryan Adams, so I haven't spun it yet.

Considering that I've never heard of Tom Hawk, no suprised was spoiled. But I am looking forward to listening to it.

Troy
07-13-2007, 11:44 AM
I've come to really like this disc. I need more Mike Patton!

Finch Platte
07-15-2007, 06:31 AM
I've come to really like this disc. I need more Mike Patton!

There's plenty of him out there. He's one prolific mofro. :crazy: http://mog.com/images/users/8430/1151379340.jpeg

bobsticks
07-15-2007, 06:47 AM
Yeah, I'm with Troy on this one. I like the goth-o-industrial meets Inca gold dessert vibe of this album. Good call.

I don't mind the fact that they seemingly eschew traditional vocal melodies as I haven't been all that fond of what I've heard from the rock/metal/industrial genres in the last five years or so anyway. Vocalists with a strong range don't seem to be getting pushed in favor of the compressed, mid-rangey growl and gutteral grunge boys. So why even try, eh? Maybe someone needs to hook up Diamanda Galas with Pain of Salvation. Maybe not.

Either way, thanks for a good one out of left field.

Luvin Da Blues
07-15-2007, 06:50 AM
...... I haven't been all that fond of what I've heard from the rock/metal/industrial genres in the last five years or so anyway. Vocalists with a strong range don't seem to be getting pushed in favor of the compressed, mid-rangey growl and gutteral grunge boys. So why even try, eh?

Righteous Words Bro..:thumbsup:

Finch Platte
07-15-2007, 07:29 AM
Yeah, I'm with Troy on this one. I like the goth-o-industrial meets Inca gold dessert vibe of this album. Good call.

I don't mind the fact that they seemingly eschew traditional vocal melodies as I haven't been all that fond of what I've heard from the rock/metal/industrial genres in the last five years or so anyway. Vocalists with a strong range don't seem to be getting pushed in favor of the compressed, mid-rangey growl and gutteral grunge boys. So why even try, eh? Maybe someone needs to hook up Diamanda Galas with Pain of Salvation. Maybe not.

Either way, thanks for a good one out of left field.

Would that be dessert or desert? Either way would work, I 'spose. *shrug* :lol:

bobsticks
07-15-2007, 08:27 AM
Touche. What's for lunch?