Isotek launches 'best ever' mains cables [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Isotek launches 'best ever' mains cables

elapsed
07-12-2007, 05:56 AM
"IsoTek Creative Director Keith Martin says of the cables: 'Our engineers spent months measuring the resistance from the power station to the wall socket and concluded that a ‘dirty’ plug would create more resistance than all the wire in-between."

http://whathifi.com/hi-fi/archive/2007/07/12/news-isotek-launches-best-ever-mains-cables.aspx

And the response below the news release: "Call me cynical if you will, but doesn't the fact that a mains cable manufacturer has a 'Creative Director' tell you all you need to know?" :)

dingus
07-12-2007, 06:03 AM
"Call me cynical if you will, but doesn't the fact that a mains cable manufacturer has a 'Creative Director' tell you all you need to know?" :)
it must be a creative product then, or at least the marketing is ...

O'Shag
07-14-2007, 10:54 PM
uh-oh, here we go, now there's going to be a plug revolution in audio, which may mean those with existing aftermarket powercords will feel the need to upgrade. Boy this hobby (obsession is nearer the mark) can get too bloody expensive. Mind you, Isotek is a very good company with excellent products.

elapsed
07-15-2007, 12:44 AM
The point of my most wasn't the cable or plug, it was that the Manufacturer has a Creative Director ;)

emorphien
07-15-2007, 06:29 AM
It will sell, even if the scientific basis is weaker than paris hiltons knees in a crowd of men. People in this hobby don't need to see real testing and blind comparisons to know something is better, they know it's better because they spent too much on it!