My Kenwood System Rocks [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : My Kenwood System Rocks

Aldo WIngate
02-23-2004, 06:00 AM
Hate to admit it, but the Kenwood system I have is the best i have heard, anywhere. Now I have friends who claim to know AV and I have been to high end stores for years now looking for the top system. Nothing touches an all Kenwood system.

My superior setup:

Kenwood Receiver
Kenwood 7.1 speaker set
Kenwood Tape Deck
Kenwood DVD/CD
Kenwood Upright 5 shelf Rack for storage

In a word AWESOME!

I challenge anyone with those over priced money pit systems like you get at those snob shops.

Bryan
02-23-2004, 06:10 AM
And what, pray tell, did you spend on the above system?

Aldo WIngate
02-23-2004, 09:57 AM
You want to know how much I paid? "pray tell" are you serious?

Any time I see that crap there is an adversarial undertone to it that eventually shows up.

I know you're just trying to start some crap with that tone.

Wireworm5
02-23-2004, 10:32 AM
I used a Kenwood 2-way radio when I used to drive courier, so I know they make good radios.Heavy for its compact size.
I'm glad you like your system and I bet its sounds good as you say. But not for one second do I believe it would out perform my 4 set speaker set-up.Sorry to burst your bubble.

Aldo WIngate
02-23-2004, 01:02 PM
Wireworm-

That is why you have yours and I have mine. Not for 1 second do I think your system can wipe my anal aperture!

kelsci
02-23-2004, 01:44 PM
Wireworm-

That is why you have yours and I have mine. Not for 1 second do I think your system can wipe my anal aperture!

Mr. Wingate; There may be other systems that audio experimenters make that can sound quite good. Many reviews that I read about products people buy say that they are satisfied with their systems for what it does for the pricepoint. Some people put systems together from different components which can either bomb out in sound quality or match extremely well. In your case, the Kenwood products that you are using are probably matching very well in performance and perhaps are much better than other makes only because those other makes do not do as good as job in matching audio perspectives such as the system you have. In the past, when people wrote for suggestions for a home theater in a box set-up, almost all of the recommendations were for Kenwood. There is a lot of competition for this kind of set-up today from other manufacturers so I could not tell you whether Kenwood would still hold that title, but they still may on the price/quality ratio.
The word I like to use for excellent matchability between all components is COMPLYANCE. I believe from your words that your system is highly compliant and if so, stick with it.

JSE
02-23-2004, 02:22 PM
Hate to admit it, but the Kenwood system I have is the best i have heard, anywhere. Now I have friends who claim to know AV and I have been to high end stores for years now looking for the top system. Nothing touches an all Kenwood system.

My superior setup:

Kenwood Receiver
Kenwood 7.1 speaker set
Kenwood Tape Deck
Kenwood DVD/CD
Kenwood Upright 5 shelf Rack for storage

In a word AWESOME!

I challenge anyone with those over priced money pit systems like you get at those snob shops.

Hate to admit it, but the Yamaha, Boston Acostics, Panasonic system I have is the best i have heard, anywhere. Now I have friends who claim to know AV and I have been to high end stores for years now looking for the top system. Nothing touches an all Yamaha, Boston Acoustics, Panasonic system.

My superior setup:

Yamaha RX-V1400 Receiver
Boston Acoustics 5.1 speaker set
Panasonic DVD/CD
Custom Entertainment Center for storage

In a word AWESOME!

Ha, I win! :D

JSE

Woochifer
02-23-2004, 02:24 PM
Kenwood makes pretty decent stuff for the budget market, but let's not get carried away. It's pretty obvious by your tone that you're trolling for a fight, so why not tell us the model numbers of the equipment in question. I mean, if you're that insistent at telling us that your Kenwood system's the endall in performance, then obviously we need to know what market segment you're referring to.

In the $500 HTIB market, Kenwoods are a great value, and very competitive with anything else offered at that price (but still nowhere near what a lot of higher priced options give you, especially in the speakers). But, if you're more around the $5,000 price point, it doesn't matter if you're using Kenwood's Sovereign series as your front end, they simply don't make speakers that come anywhere near the performance level of competing products in that price range.

Woochifer
02-23-2004, 02:25 PM
LOL

Good one!

Hate to admit it, but the Yamaha, Boston Acostics, Panasonic system I have is the best i have heard, anywhere. Now I have friends who claim to know AV and I have been to high end stores for years now looking for the top system. Nothing touches an all Yamaha, Boston Acoustics, Panasonic system.

My superior setup:

Yamaha RX-V1400 Receiver
Boston Acoutics 5.1 speaker set
Panasonic DVD/CD
Custom Entertainment Center for storage

In a word AWESOME!

Ha, I win! :D

JSE

kexodusc
02-23-2004, 02:28 PM
Glad you're happy...but no flame wars, please.

Debbi
02-23-2004, 02:47 PM
....there is no basis for any discussion as it cannot have any merit...I thought we all understood the ground rules here...

Jim Clark
02-23-2004, 03:20 PM
Sounds cool. Now if you can manage to choke down some cheap arse beers you can probably manage to retire early. Not a thing in the world wrong with that.

jc

Wireworm5
02-23-2004, 03:29 PM
Aldo you might be on to something here. I just checked their website and their AV receivers are THX certified. If I am ever in the market for a new amp/receiver I will add them to my short list along with Bryston,Thiel,Yamaha, Rotel. But I'm still going to hang on to my 4 sets of speakers.
By the way did your mom buy you this for Xmas?

kexodusc
02-23-2004, 04:42 PM
Aldo you might be on to something here. I just checked their website and their AV receivers are THX certified. If I am ever in the market for a new amp/receiver I will add them to my short list along with Bryston,Thiel,Yamaha, Rotel. But I'm still going to hang on to my 4 sets of speakers.
By the way did your mom buy you this for Xmas?
LOL...Bwa ha ha ha....that is just too funny....

Aldo WIngate
02-24-2004, 05:22 AM
All I know is that the system rocks.

Especiallyh when I watch 24, baby! JACK BAUER , BABY!! President PALMER, BABY>

Now THOSE 2 guys and that show ROCK the Kenwood system!

Bryan
02-24-2004, 06:36 AM
You want to know how much I paid? "pray tell" are you serious?

Any time I see that crap there is an adversarial undertone to it that eventually shows up.

You made a claim. "Nothing touches an all Kenwood system." "I challenge anyone with those over priced money pit systems like you get at those snob shops." I am asking for figures to come up with a comparibly priced system. When you are asked to provide figures you go into a defensive mode, attacking just in case you may be wrong. You made the claim yet are hesistant to back it up with anything more than "because". You attack at the first sign of a challenge.

And what tone are you referring to? All I'm doing is asking you to back up your claim, be it if you spent $500 on your system or $5,000 on it.

Kenwood has made some great products in the past. They got things right the past couple years with their HTiBs. It very well may be for the price you paid you got the system that best suited your needs and wants and I'm happy for you for that. But at least have an open mind.

recoveryone
02-24-2004, 07:02 AM
Something fishy about this person, they been ask about the model of their system and no response. They go off on another boast about some T.V show, sounds very fishy to me. We all have our favorites and will stand behind them, but lets not go down this street with a newbie that refuses to offer the basic info on their equipment.

Worf101
02-24-2004, 08:28 AM
to recognize "a s**t stirrer" when you see one. I'm surprised however how well everyone resisted the temptation to rise (or would it be "sink") to the occaission and try to actually engage this kid in conversation. Perhaps we have "grown-up" round here.

Da Worfster :o

Aldo WIngate
02-24-2004, 12:20 PM
I am supposed to list model numbers to PROVE that I own them?

Some of you *******s have got to GET A LIFE! Funny how my post has so many people CONCERNED that I MIGHT NOT OWN what's in my list. :p :p

Aldo WIngate
02-24-2004, 12:21 PM
A**S**S**H**O**L**E**S**, that is!

topspeed
02-24-2004, 01:09 PM

poneal
02-24-2004, 01:59 PM
This has to be the worst thread I have seen in my two years on this site. What a worthless waste of database space. Waldo must be a tennie bopper.

markw
02-24-2004, 03:14 PM
This has to be the worst thread I have seen in my two years on this site. What a worthless waste of database space. Waldo must be a tennie bopper.

Hey, I know some teenie boppers and you've got some nerve insulting them like that! I just may have to look you up when we get back to Corpus, probably next year. So, consider yerself warned!

(just funnin' ya)

Woochifer
02-24-2004, 03:19 PM
I am supposed to list model numbers to PROVE that I own them?

Some of you *******s have got to GET A LIFE! Funny how my post has so many people CONCERNED that I MIGHT NOT OWN what's in my list. :p :p

No, we're just asking you to list the models in question so that we can share in the orgasmic bliss that you seem to derive from your own system. Playing coy is a very disappointing response considering that you consider yourself such a stand-up kinda guy.

kelsci
02-24-2004, 04:33 PM
No, we're just asking you to list the models in question so that we can share in the orgasmic bliss that you seem to derive from your own system. Playing coy is a very disappointing response considering that you consider yourself such a stand-up kinda guy.

Woochifer; Maybe this guy was bored and decided to start a hot thread to liven up things here. On the same token, he has called the members of this forum "*******s". I would not call Mr. Wingate a "stand-up" guy after that remark when he has put us in a "stand down" role.

Mr.Wingate; I do not know how good Kenwood products are at this time particulaly their receivers. In the past like the 1970s I delt with some Kenwood intergraded amps and tuners. Their high end tuners offered superb sound quality whose two channels were phased perfectly with each other. One could easily hear this type of balance by the voices of announcers on the air and how well centered their voices sounded. I played with two integrated amplifiers from them that also had this marvelous attribute. The only other amplifiers IMHO that ever gave this kind of sound was tube type Fisher products from the l960s. The only other device that gave this kind of sound was Magnivision 8040gy Magnivision FM analogue laserdisc players. On the same token, the two amplifiers that I delt with from Kenwood had problems with high frequency sounds which would take on a type of exagerrated "clipping" type sound. I never heard that on any other product.

When the first Dolby Digital receivers hit the market, IMO the Kenwoods offered the worst unlifelike sound that I ever heard in reproducing that format. Within the same store I heard Onkyo and HK and after hearing those, had I had money to buy, I would have chosen those brands. I have not had the opportunity to hear the current line of Kenwoods to make any opinion on how they perform.

recoveryone
02-24-2004, 04:54 PM
Hey Kelsci, I picked up two Kenwoods lately (1) for my sons PS2 system VR 209 DD, it replaced the (2) VR 305 PL they had at first. The VR 305 is in the garage now with some older extra gear I had lying around. Work great when I'm doing some yardwork. The 209 really brings out the the crowd noise on the Madden 2004.......lol other than that all I hear out of their room is the boom of the sub. So there you are my friends, a review of some Kenwood receivers

Aldo WIngate
02-25-2004, 04:36 AM
Nothing like stirring it up ... WOW!

A wiseman once said:

"Never argue with a fool ... people might not know the difference".

This thread certainly proves that theory! :p :p :p

Bryan
02-25-2004, 05:59 AM
"Never argue with a fool ... people might not know the difference".

So what you are saying is you are a fool.

Entry: fool
Definition: One who is deficient in judgment, sense, or understanding.
One who acts unwisely on a given occasion.
Function: noun
Definition: idiot
Synonyms: ass, birdbrain, blockhead, bonehead, boob, bore, buffoon, butt, chump, clod, clown, cretin, dimwit, dolt, donkey, dope, dork, dumb ox, dunce, dunderhead, dupe, easy mark, fair game, fall guy, fathead, goat, gomeral, gomeril, goose, halfwit, idiot, ignoramus, illiterate, imbecile, innocent, jackass, jerk, lamebrain, laughing stock, lightweight, loon, lunkhead, meathead, moron, nerd, nincompoop, ninny, nitwit, numskull, oaf, omadawn, ownshook, pushover, sap, schlemiel, silly, simpleton, stooge, sucker, turkey, twerp, twit, victim
Concept: unsocial entity

Sounds about right, especially given the nature of most of your posts.

Chris
02-25-2004, 09:13 AM

Funny, you said this to someone who replied to you, but how about your own initial statement?

Is that not doing the same thing?

If you want to participate here, do not come in trying to put down everyone else by making statements like this. Most people in here have been into audio and h/t for many years. It's their passion - coming into an enthusiast site where everyone shares this passion and telling them that their system is overpriced money pits tells me you have no interest in contributing to our community. It sounds like you're only here to start fights. I'll ask you now to step back and start over, using no adversarial undertones.

Chris
02-25-2004, 09:14 AM
Nothing like stirring it up ... WOW!

What did you expect to happen with the statements you posted? That's like me going into a car enthusiast site and telling them they're stupid for spending all their money on cars... I wouldn't expect any level-headed responses.