pioneer vsx454 subwoofer hook up [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : pioneer vsx454 subwoofer hook up

sltrnsam
02-23-2004, 04:00 AM
a friend of mine has a pioneer vsx454 reciever, when we tried to hook up my powerd sub to the sub output the sub would not play very loud and it would hum after a few sconds. the problem is he does not have a owners manual, so what are we missing here. i have heard that there might be speaker settings to get this to work. any informatiom would greatfull.
thanks
clayton

uncooked
02-23-2004, 05:55 PM
go into the settings, you need to set the lfe signal to the sub. you see he didnt have one before so he would have set the sub signal to the front speakers. now there is no signal for the sub to play.

also some amps like mine have a sub volume control built in. mine is on the controler, you can set the output on it. i dont know that amp but could be you have to turn that up as well "if it has it"

about the humming sound, i recently had that problem as well. mine was from a bad connection from the cable to the sub. i was using a good monster sub cable, but then a cheap Y cable. and it didnt have good contacts. i bought a new one with better gold plated contacts and it works great. could be that the cable you were using was bad, that might even be why the sound was low to? you never know, check it out.

sltrnsam
02-23-2004, 06:14 PM
hey uncooked thanks for the info, i know the cable is good because i brought my sub and cable home and hooked it all up to my current set up and it play fine. thanks again.

uncooked
02-23-2004, 06:28 PM
just try the other things i said and it will work fine.

good luck with it