I got lost trying to compare all the MP3 models so.... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I got lost trying to compare all the MP3 models so....

randy93
07-09-2007, 11:46 PM
I got lost trying to compare all the MP3 models so....can someone tell me which model(s) have these features.

I looking for an MP3 player with the following features.

Aprox. 500 songs capacity
FM radio
FM recorder
Bookmark function so I could stop podcasts and return to where I left off.
Screen so I could see albums and songs, podcasts from same site...

Maybe I'd better stop there.

bubbagump
07-10-2007, 04:09 AM
Creative Zen V Plus and Cowan I7 (just released and available on Amazon) to name two. If I had to buy one right now and wasn't an Audible subscriber, I'd go for the I7. Cowan's known for excellent sound quality, it has the features you're looking for and supposedly has 60 hours of playback per charge. Most manufacturers report battery time based on ideal conditions so it probably has 40-50 per charge which is still amazing. Also, check out the Trekstor Vibez. The only downside is that if FM is critical for you, you'll have to buy a 30 dollar add-in card. I don't recommend an iPod (aside from your fm tuner requirement) for one reason: you can't set hard bookmarks. It will do soft bookmarks but these can be lost inadvertently which is really annoying. Why Apple doesn't support bookmarking is beyond me. Seems like a no-brainer.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000TB0RY4?ie=UTF8&tag=dapreview-20&creativeASIN=B000TB0RY4