Consider your signature wisely [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Consider your signature wisely

Mr Peabody
07-09-2007, 05:29 PM
I was lazy and tried to find an online manual for my processor via a Google search, when I discovered right on the front page was 2 or 3 links to various posts here on AR. Google had picked up the model number out of my signature here. I removed my equipment list as a courtesy to others who may be wanting to search something about a product I might have. This could be a good thing for AR, people stumbling across them by accident.

I never thought about what all the Google or other search engines may pick up on. I just thought I'd share this in case anyone wanted to alter their current signature, or exploit it:)

JohnMichael
07-10-2007, 08:43 AM
I had a similar experience when I was using google for some reviews on a product I had purchased. Something I had written was on the second page. It is fun to google my different screen names for different web-sites to which I contribute. If you post it you will find it out there. It was a good lesson.

jrhymeammo
07-10-2007, 05:53 PM
I was searching for some info on your phono pre one day, and your signature was always on top of search results

Mr Peabody
07-10-2007, 06:37 PM
Did you find the info? www.acousticsounds.com carry them.

jrhymeammo
07-10-2007, 06:43 PM
I sure did, but first 2,3 top search results was your signature on AR.com.

Is AR that big now? Maybe I should be afraid....

Mr Peabody
07-10-2007, 06:56 PM
I don't know if we are that big or maybe a couple of my pieces are too obscure to have much out there. I'm a little concerned about the site actually, our HT forum once was very busy, now it's almost dead. And the same with most of the others.

JohnMichael
07-11-2007, 06:28 AM
I wonder if too many people are outdoors enjoying the summer. Other sites I enjoy are slow.

Mr Peabody
07-11-2007, 04:39 PM
Thanks for the encouragement. It could be that. It could also be that there just isn't much new to spark interest. The HD threads seem to keep pretty busy.