NAD C542 v Cambridge Audio Azur 640C V2 for NAD 320BEE and B&W602s3? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : NAD C542 v Cambridge Audio Azur 640C V2 for NAD 320BEE and B&W602s3?

teridon
07-07-2007, 09:24 PM
hello guys!

after months of contemplation on the best speaker and amp to replace my old wharfy 8.2s and yamaha, i finally bought the B&W 602s3 and the NAD 320BEE. I am now contemplating which cd player is best for my new set-up.

So far, my choices has been narrowed to two - the NAD C542 v Cambridge Audio Azur 640C V2.

Do you guys think that settling for the Azur with two DACs would be more significant than the NAD with only a single DAC?

Or is it best to stick with a NAD CD player to complement the NAD integrated amp!

Thanks a lot again people! Your comments the past few months have sincerely helped much of my decision-making.

basite
07-08-2007, 01:39 AM
I'd prefer the cambridge audo, but that's my opinion...

also throw in a marantz CD5001 (OSE), very good player for the money too :)

RoyY51
07-08-2007, 04:07 AM
I have the c542 mated with the T763 and the result, at least to these tired old ears, is a bit of musical magic. I assume that the c542 was voiced on Nad electronics and the result does seem to be very smooth and effortless.

I'm lovin' it!

teridon
07-09-2007, 10:39 PM
thanks lots!

but is a double DAC significantly better than a single DAC? from the reviews ive been reading, NAD is still better hands down.

watcha tink?

x-large
08-03-2007, 05:27 PM
I think you're probably better just listening to each player yourself and making up your own mind. Forget about looking at the technical aspects and asking 'is this DAC better than that', just listen to them and let your ears make the decision.

Reviews are also only one persons opinion, granted some are more qualified than others, but at the end of the day their taste may differ to yours.

Bottom line, there is no replacement for auditioning the players yourself.

PeruvianSkies
08-03-2007, 09:14 PM
Both of the players that you are considering are similar in many regards. Both are non-flashy CD-players...they don't look fancy, but they deliver the goods. I have never been a fan of NAD's DVD or CD players...they always seemed 'just ok' and for the same money the Marantz stuff always seemed a bit better. Cambridge was a huge contender when I was looking to get a CD/DVD player some time ago. They are phenomenal for their prices...some might even say a bit underpriced.

It is vital at this stage (since you got the speakers and amp that you wanted) to get a good transport to complete the circle. Skimping out now would be a waste and you are going to want to demo quite a few units before settling on anything, at least that's what most people would do. It's key that you listen for yourself and come to a final decision, hopefully you will have the ability to demo both units. I would also keep your mind open to a few other players that come into that price range as well.

Good luck and keep us posted!!!!!!!