A Process A Gift and A Journey [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : A Process A Gift and A Journey

elapsed
07-07-2007, 03:29 AM
Somebody took the journal excerpt Paris Hilton read on Larry King Live and turned it into a rock ballad. I'd be lying if I said this wasn't the most powerful and moving piece of music I've ever heard in my entire life.

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/8c8786f522

kexodusc
07-07-2007, 04:23 AM
ROFLMAO...

That's almost as good as Sarah Silverman flaming her at the MTV awards while she was in attendance a few days before she served her sentence...

ForeverAutumn
07-07-2007, 04:28 AM
I'm deeply touched.

NOT!

Swish
07-07-2007, 06:32 AM
Somebody took the journal excerpt Paris Hilton read on Larry King Live and turned it into a rock ballad. I'd be lying if I said this wasn't the most powerful and moving piece of music I've ever heard in my entire life.

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/8c8786f522

...and Larry has only himself to blame for choosing such a thimble-headed subject. I nearly spit out my teeth when in response to his question "Did you read the bible in prison?". She answered "Yes", to which he countered "What was your favorite passage?". She got a goofy smile on her face, turned her head to the side and slightly downward, then said "I don't have one." Why didn't he punish her for the obvious lie? Because he's nothing but a suck-up. Just go away Larry, and leave this stuff to the professionals.

Swish

kexodusc
07-07-2007, 07:13 AM
...and Larry has only himself to blame for choosing such a thimble-headed subject. I nearly spit out my teeth when in response to his question "Did you read the bible in prison?". She answered "Yes", to which he countered "What was your favorite passage?". She got a goofy smile on her face, turned her head to the side and slightly downward, then said "I don't have one." Why didn't he punish her for the obvious lie? Because he's nothing but a suck-up. Just go away Larry, and leave this stuff to the professionals.

Swish
LOL. She might as well have said "just a sec, let me check with my publicist"....
I dunno about blaming Larry King though...I 'm not a big fan, but I'll give Larry some credit. Swish, you noticed the same things the rest of us noticed. Larry's smart enough to give credit to his audience, that they'll pick up on cues too. He tries to walk a fine line, and does it rather well. Be nice to the guests on the show, don't blatantly attack them, but set them up subtly to make fools of themselves with their body language and canned responses to seemingly harmless questions.
Too many shows go right after their guests only to get nowhere, sometimes making themselves look like jackasses, then people just stop giving interviews.

And what would a world without Paris Hilton introspection interviews be?

Swish
07-07-2007, 09:08 AM
LOL. She might as well have said "just a sec, let me check with my publicist"....
I dunno about blaming Larry King though...I 'm not a big fan, but I'll give Larry some credit. Swish, you noticed the same things the rest of us noticed. Larry's smart enough to give credit to his audience, that they'll pick up on cues too. He tries to walk a fine line, and does it rather well. Be nice to the guests on the show, don't blatantly attack them, but set them up subtly to make fools of themselves with their body language and canned responses to seemingly harmless questions.
Too many shows go right after their guests only to get nowhere, sometimes making themselves look like jackasses, then people just stop giving interviews.

And what would a world without Paris Hilton introspection interviews be?

...the bible issue already mentioned, or the other one where she claimed that she never used drugs? They have her on tape smoking pot, like anyone really cares, but Larry could have said "You mean to tell me you never even smoked pot?". Something! This wasn't an interview, it was another ridiculous publicity stunt for Paris and a puff piece rather than journalism. Larry King should be ashamed. Sorry, but he should be.

Swish

ForeverAutumn
07-07-2007, 10:02 AM
I'm surprised that you guys actually watched this. You're all closet Paris fans aren't you? :biggrin5:

Swish
07-07-2007, 10:06 AM
I'm surprised that you guys actually watched this. You're all closet Paris fans aren't you? :biggrin5:

...news. I saw so much of it that I feel like I watched it though. A fan? Indeed.

Swish

kexodusc
07-07-2007, 10:40 AM
...the bible issue already mentioned, or the other one where she claimed that she never used drugs? They have her on tape smoking pot, like anyone really cares, but Larry could have said "You mean to tell me you never even smoked pot?". Something! This wasn't an interview, it was another ridiculous publicity stunt for Paris and a puff piece rather than journalism. Larry King should be ashamed. Sorry, but he should be.

Swish
Why? Again, by not directly attacking the celebs, he keeps giving himself access to these goofs. What would Larry going after her accomplish? You want to see an air fight? Someone else can call her a liar. But that'll happen once, then she'll never be on that guy's show again.

You've missed my earlier point. If he starts being seen as a bad place for PR, he'll stop getting these people to agree to his show.
By cleverly putting these people in positions where they can choose to lie or make fools of themselves in front of an intelligent audience that doesn't buy the dishonesty, he doesn't go down as the bad guy here. And Paris et al keep walking into his trap over and over again.

You don't need to be explicit to make a point.

Rae
07-08-2007, 05:14 PM
Had to be the worst TV interview in history...

Did you ever see that late night interview with Nicky Hilton? It was like she had never seen an interview before in her life. Hold on while I try to find it...

~Rae

Rae
07-08-2007, 05:15 PM
Okay, here (http://www.avclub.com/content/node/54278).

http://www.avclub.com/content/node/54278

ForeverAutumn
07-08-2007, 06:30 PM
I tried to start the video but got a message saying "this video is no longer available".

Rae
07-08-2007, 06:56 PM
Oops, should've made sure it worked before I linked to it.

C'est la vie. Spend that 5 minutes of yr life on something of actual importance.

~Rae

3-LockBox
07-08-2007, 07:45 PM

I agree, Larry King is about ratings and chasing away high profile celebs would be counter-productive. I think he knows when he's being flipped some BS and he didn't need to ambush the likes of Paris Hilton - it would be like shooting fish in a barrel.

But boy oh boy, what an airhead.