Ahhrrrh, Mateys... a little pirate help if you will? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Ahhrrrh, Mateys... a little pirate help if you will?

Snowbunny
07-04-2007, 05:42 PM
This is probably completely inappropriate to ask, but how the heck did you guys burn Wilco - YHF? I have an iMac at home and a PC at work, but I cannot seem to copy it.

The other day I heard the neighbours daughter listening to Good News - Modest Mouse! She was sitting on the roof(?) and when I looked up at her she asked if the music was too loud and I said "Not if its Modest Mouse - crank it up!" She was completely shocked that I had the same taste in music and asked if I had the new one. I don't so she put it on for me and promised to burn a copy for me! Since she had never heard Wilco, I said I'd trade YHF with her.

I've burned a few disks I think she'd like (she's a Doors fan) but I did promise to burn her a copy of Wilco, so I'd like to keep my word.

I know it can be done because they are on more than a few comps I've received. I'd LOVE a comp of new music if anyone's still making them. I am a little out of the loop her in the Loops. :frown5:

Snowie

Swish
07-04-2007, 06:15 PM
This is probably completely inappropriate to ask, but how the heck did you guys burn Wilco - YHF? Snowie

...open up my Nero software, click on 'copy disc', and let 'er rip.

Thanks for asking,
Swish

Snowbunny
07-04-2007, 06:52 PM
...open up my Nero software, click on 'copy disc', and let 'er rip.

Thanks for asking,
Swish

:mad: Smart-Ass!

Maybe, I'll just go see if that works. I'll let 'er rip in your general direction, Gramps! :wink5:

ForeverAutumn
07-04-2007, 07:07 PM
Why don't you lend her the disk and see if she can rip it. She's probably going to rip it to MP3 eventually anyhow.

Snowbunny
07-04-2007, 08:21 PM
Why don't you lend her the disk and see if she can rip it. She's probably going to rip it to MP3 eventually anyhow.

You are one smart cookie, Essie! I have a feeling that's just what she'll do. I feel like a dinosaur actually buying the cds. LOL

I was going to tell her not to bother burning the new MM, but we were having a bonding moment and I didn't want to spoil it.

If you're a Modest Mousekeeter I'd take a chance on the new one. The best since Moon and Antarctica in my opinion.

Swish
07-05-2007, 04:06 AM
:mad: Smart-Ass!

Maybe, I'll just go see if that works. I'll let 'er rip in your general direction, Gramps! :wink5:

So where the h<a>ell have you been anyhoot?

G Swish

Fossilhippie
07-10-2007, 08:48 PM
I actually like the YHF demos better than the released cd itself. A lot less dense, more accessible.

Ex Lion Tamer
07-11-2007, 07:48 PM
This is probably completely inappropriate to ask, but how the heck did you guys burn Wilco - YHF?

You could always do what I did and burn it from vinyl. Ha! I got yer copy protection right here.

If you're a Modest Mousekeeter I'd take a chance on the new one. The best since Moon and Antarctica in my opinion.

Really? I wasn't going to get this one, but I think you just pushed me over the edge. My wallet curses you.

Snowbunny
07-18-2007, 07:02 PM
I actually like the YHF demos better than the released cd itself. A lot less dense, more accessible.

Is that a hint? If I find the demo copy it won't be copy protected? :lol:

That's interesting about the demo, though. What's different about it?

Snowbunny
07-18-2007, 07:11 PM
You could always do what I did and burn it from vinyl. Ha! I got yer copy protection right here.

Really? I wasn't going to get this one, but I think you just pushed me over the edge. My wallet curses you.

Geez, I'd hate to find out what happens when a wallet curses you! I better PM you, maf! :eek:

Speaking of vinyl, and I can be off topic because its my thread...

Fiery Crash by Andrew Bird

turnstiles on mezzanine
jet ways and Dramamine fiends
and x-ray machines
you were hurling through space
g-forces twisting your face
breeding superstition
a fatal premonition
you know you got to envision
the fiery crash

oh close your eyes and you wake up
face stuck to a vinyl settee
oh the line was starting to break up
just as you were starting to say
something apropos I don't know

beige tiles and magazines
Lou Dobbs and the CNN team
on every monitor screen
you were caught in the crossfire
where every human face
has you reaching for your mace
so it's kind of an imposition
fatal premonition

to save our lives you've got to envision
and to save all our lives you've got to envision
the fiery crash

it's just a formality
why must I explain?
just a nod to mortality
before you get on a place

oh close your eyes and you wake up
face stuck to a vinyl settee
oh the line was starting to break up
what was that you were going to say?

Don't you think the line in red should be before you get on a plane?

Must be a typo...