Receiver to TV and surround? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Receiver to TV and surround?

docc99
07-02-2007, 07:37 PM
So I have a tv with no audio outs. I want to run a receiver to the tv via hdmi but I also want speakers as well coming from the receiver. The receiver will handle the ps2, dvd, and cable. Since the hdmi carries audio how will this setup handle an audio signal to the tv and the speakers from all these different sources? Will the speakers on the tv receive the signal along with the external speakers??

musicman1999
07-02-2007, 07:47 PM
Need to know the brands and model numbers of your gear as all do things differently and do you mean sound from all inputs or just cable?

bill

docc99
07-02-2007, 07:58 PM
I was just curious if i could connect all those sources through the receiver to the tv with an hdmi cable but still have my external speakers control all of the audio. Since hdmi carries audio/video signal i'm worried the audio will play on both tv and speakers. Ultimately I want all signals to run through the single hdmi to the tv from the receiver and still have my speakers receive all the audio

musicman1999
07-03-2007, 06:45 AM
Some you can,some you can't.Some tv's you can just turn off speakers,some you can't.Thats why need to know your gear.

bill

AVMASTER
07-05-2007, 11:26 AM
no problem, the reciever will handle the audio and even if you can't turn off the audio signal from the receivers' HDMI output, you can just mute the TV