CD Problem - Suggestions? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : CD Problem - Suggestions?

pluskin
02-22-2004, 05:47 PM
I'm having a problem with the sound from my CD Changer. One speaker plays normally, while the other, if you turn the balance totally onto it, can be heard playing only very faintly. None of the other components has this problem, such as the DVD or tape deck, so I can be certain its not a problem with my speakers or receiver. I've checked my connections. Any suggestions as to why this would occur? I'm assuming I have no alternative to just taking it somewhere to be repaired.

uncooked
02-22-2004, 06:28 PM
well thats all i could say, is to check the connections. whatever speaker isn't playing good check the cable for that. and try to swap it out and try another even.

"say its your left speaker, the left output on the back of your cd player, swap that" or if its the right same thing with the right cable.

other then that your going to have to get it fixed i guess, or try cleaning the lens with a lens cleaner disk?

mtrycraft
02-22-2004, 10:29 PM
I'm having a problem with the sound from my CD Changer. One speaker plays normally, while the other, if you turn the balance totally onto it, can be heard playing only very faintly. None of the other components has this problem, such as the DVD or tape deck, so I can be certain its not a problem with my speakers or receiver. I've checked my connections. Any suggestions as to why this would occur? I'm assuming I have no alternative to just taking it somewhere to be repaired.

Before you take it in for repair, swap the interconnects from left to right channel and see if the level follows the wire or stays. If it stays, you may want to open up th ecover and see if there is a cold joint at the RCA terminal. Sounds like you have a broken wire and you are getting crosstalk into the good channel.

pluskin
02-24-2004, 06:55 PM
well thats all i could say, is to check the connections. whatever speaker isn't playing good check the cable for that. and try to swap it out and try another even.

"say its your left speaker, the left output on the back of your cd player, swap that" or if its the right same thing with the right cable.

other then that your going to have to get it fixed i guess, or try cleaning the lens with a lens cleaner disk?

It turned out that I did have a loose connection. Thanks for the suggestions!

uncooked
02-24-2004, 07:10 PM
im glad to here its ok now