Problem with my 2910 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Problem with my 2910

L.J.
07-02-2007, 08:52 AM
My 2910 is having trouble playing CDs but everything else plays back fine. No problems with DVD or SACD but CDs skip badly. This just started happening a couple of days ago. It happens while using digital or analog out.Has this happened to anyone? Anybody have any thoughts on this or heard of this before?

kexodusc
07-02-2007, 10:32 AM
Shot in the dark - I've had universal players get buggy from time to time, and have had great luck re-initializing them. You might need to find the reset method.

Usually I associated skips with something obstructing the lens. But each disk uses the same lens don't they?

L.J.
07-02-2007, 12:10 PM
Shot in the dark - I've had universal players get buggy from time to time, and have had great luck re-initializing them. You might need to find the reset method.

Usually I associated skips with something obstructing the lens. But each disk uses the same lens don't they?

Kex your the freakin' man! I reset the player and it's all good now. Saved me a trip to BB.

Wonder why I didn't think of that :aureola:

kexodusc
07-02-2007, 12:27 PM
Kex your the freakin' man! I reset the player and it's all good now. Saved me a trip to BB.

Wonder why I didn't think of that :aureola:

Cool...man I don't know why they don't just make Control Alt Delete buttons on these things now? :confused:

L.J.
07-02-2007, 02:03 PM
Cool...man I don't know why they don't just make Control Alt Delete buttons on these things now? :confused:

Dang!!!! It started doing it again :incazzato:

Looks like I'll be taking that trip to BB after all.

Rich-n-Texas
07-02-2007, 02:10 PM
I think that Onkyo 805 ruined your 2910! :eek6:

L.J.
07-02-2007, 02:28 PM
I think that Onkyo 805 ruined your 2910! :eek6:

Hmmmmm :idea:

kexodusc
07-02-2007, 02:52 PM
Doh!

When subtle programming tricks don't work, I always enjoy applying brute force.

L.J.
07-02-2007, 03:32 PM
Doh!

When subtle programming tricks don't work, I always enjoy applying brute force.

I still have 2 years left on my extended warranty so at least I can make use of that. Time to put BB/Magnolia's CS to the test.

Perhaps my unit will be unfixable and they'll give me a 2930 to replace it :ihih:

kelsci
07-02-2007, 07:50 PM
Hi LJ; definetely take it in especially if you have an extended warranty.

L.J.
07-08-2007, 10:49 AM
Well I was all set to take my 2910 in, but after I got off the phone with the idiots at BB I decided to see if I could find a solution myself.

I hooked it up to my 2805 and it ran no problem. Hmmmm.

Next I hooked it back up to my 805 testing various connections. Everything played fine. So I hooked everything back up, glanced at my wife and said "now that everything is hooked back up I bet it starts skippin' again". I was right.

Then a little light popped on in my head:idea:

I unplugged the HDMI cable (it runs to the 805) and all was good. I plugged it back in and the skipping started. I didn't have this problem when I was running HDMI from my 2910 directly to my TV.

So who's the bad guy.....my 2910 or the 805? I'd need another AVR with HDMI to test this out.

Any thoughts?

kexodusc
07-08-2007, 12:13 PM
Well I was all set to take my 2910 in, but after I got off the phone with the idiots at BB I decided to see if I could find a solution myself.

I hooked it up to my 2805 and it ran no problem. Hmmmm.

Next I hooked it back up to my 805 testing various connections. Everything played fine. So I hooked everything back up, glanced at my wife and said "now that everything is hooked back up I bet it starts skippin' again". I was right.

Then a little light popped on in my head:idea:

I unplugged the HDMI cable (it runs to the 805) and all was good. I plugged it back in and the skipping started. I didn't have this problem when I was running HDMI from my 2910 directly to my TV.

So who's the bad guy.....my 2910 or the 805? I'd need another AVR with HDMI to test this out.

Any thoughts?
Brilliant, Dr. Holmes!

Gotta feeling you're getting close...any chance it's one of those fine-print, afterthought, advanced feature settings that just not set right?

I have a DVD player that acts up if both the optical and coax digital outs are used at the same time, for example?

L.J.
07-08-2007, 01:47 PM
Brilliant, Dr. Holmes!

Gotta feeling you're getting close...any chance it's one of those fine-print, afterthought, advanced feature settings that just not set right?

I have a DVD player that acts up if both the optical and coax digital outs are used at the same time, for example?

I will have to look further into it. When I had my 2910 hooked to my TV via HDMI sound would come out the TV speakers and my system with no problems so it may be the 805 thats causing the hiccups.

I did find a simple solution though. The 2910 let's you toggle between DVI/HDMI by pressing a button the remote or on the front of the unit. Putting it on DVI fixes the skipping.

Anythings better than taking it in to BB :arf: