PC speakers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : PC speakers

calegrant
06-30-2007, 08:51 PM
Did a search but nothing came up in the first few pages. I'm looking for a middle of the table set or possibly single of speakers for my pc. Nothing over the top but something well built and capable of decent bass. I know a link was posted before and it showed some very nice professional speakers. Not looking for a 2.1 set.

Smokey
07-01-2007, 08:11 AM
Nothing over the top but something well built and capable of decent bass. Not looking for a 2.1 set.

For computer speakers, if you are looking for decent bass the best option might be 2.1 systems. Small PC speakers are not capable of producing satisfying bass all by themselves.

Altec Lansing have very good line of 2.1 PC speaker systems that are reasonable. I have one of their 2.1 system (paid $120) and internet radio and Mp3s sound amazing. Just hide the subwoofer beneath the computer :)

jrhymeammo
07-01-2007, 09:40 AM
I dont have any personal expereince, but have you considered using nearfield powered studio monitors? That should allowyou to get great sound with lower notes without a sub.

What was your budget again?

Here is some for your to look at:

http://www.proacousticsusa.com/products.php?sId=177&pg=all

J

calegrant
07-01-2007, 10:38 AM
Problem is i travel so a 2.1 system is out of the question. I have one at home and it's a mess to move :P

Thanks jrhymeammo I think thats the website I was looking for. My budget is flexible, depending how impressed I am with performance :5:

jrhymeammo
07-01-2007, 11:09 AM
Not a problem.

I assume you will be using them with a laptop?

JRA
Do you have a nice sound card?

basite
07-01-2007, 11:34 AM
how about a good set of headphones? I think that beats every speaker set on portability :)

laptops are quite risky when it comes to soundcards, most of the times you get bad dac's and an extremely harsh sound and no bass...

emorphien
07-01-2007, 02:46 PM
laptops are quite risky when it comes to soundcards.....no bass...
no bass? I've never noticed a distinct difference between laptops and desktops with regard to bass (using headphone port) however I would agree with your other statements.