Thanks JM! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Thanks JM!

bobsticks
06-29-2007, 06:35 PM
Inkeeping with my thread regarding Classic-based smaller ensembles, the Emerson String Quartet really fired on all pistons. The Mehdelssohn was first to be devoured and exceeded expectations. Octet for Strings in E flat major, op.20, while not as challenging as some, was very well done--stirring in fact.

BTW, it seems a safe wager that the Pictures at an Exhibition was taken from vinyl. In case you were wondering it turned out splendidly.

Thanks JM, you made my week.

JohnMichael
06-30-2007, 06:29 AM
Inkeeping with my thread regarding Classic-based smaller ensembles, the Emerson String Quartet really fired on all pistons. The Mehdelssohn was first to be devoured and exceeded expectations. Octet for Strings in E flat major, op.20, while not as challenging as some, was very well done--stirring in fact.

BTW, it seems a safe wager that the Pictures at an Exhibition was taken from vinyl. In case you were wondering it turned out splendidly.

Thanks JM, you made my week.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed the music. The jazz version of "Pictures at an Ehibition" was a rather old record that I had not played in a while. After playing it recently I thought I need to share this recording.

JohnMichael
07-02-2007, 08:56 AM
Saturday I worked at my retail job from 2pm-8pm and cared for the gentleman from 8:30pm-9am. When I arrived home there was music in my mailbox. Just the lift I needed before returning to work at 1pm. Enjoying a day off today and enjoying new music.

Thanks bobsticks, you kept me going.