Fifth Element on Blu-ray being recalled. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Fifth Element on Blu-ray being recalled.

Smokey
06-29-2007, 04:53 PM
Due to very poor video quality of Fifth Element released earlier on Blu-ray, Sony is re-releasing Fifth Element on Blu-ray on July 17th and is offering an replacement program for people who bought the original Blu-ray Disc.

Simply call (800) 860-2878 or email at consumer@sphecustomersupport.sony.com and Sony will contact you later on making the exchange.

The new disc will be AVC-encoded and will feature both linear PCM and Dolby TrueHD soundtracks.

http://ultimateavmag.com/news/62507fifthredux/

jmilton7043
07-06-2007, 06:19 AM
This will make, what, the 10th time it has been released on a disc?

L.J.
07-06-2007, 07:57 AM
Yup, I'll be mailing in for my replacement today. I emailed and a day later CS responded with exchange instructions.

drseid
07-07-2007, 03:51 AM
Yup, I'll be mailing in for my replacement today. I emailed and a day later CS responded with exchange instructions.

Me too. At least I did not have to pay for the first one as it came for free with my player (I think Sony was just trying to get rid of their surplus after all the bad press regarding the poor initial relaease). I was never a fan of the film, but the DVD was reference quality so a lot of folks had high hopes for the Blu-ray version. Now after the initial release debacle, I am happy to see Sony finally stepping up to plate.

---Dave

L.J.
07-25-2007, 03:47 PM
Got my replacement copy today. Pretty quick turn around. I thought it would take alot longer.