The Ramones Live at the Palladium - 1978! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The Ramones Live at the Palladium - 1978!

Swish
06-29-2007, 01:01 PM
Not sure if many of you are familiar with Wolgang's Vault, but it's basically a site that allows you to download and watch classic shows from years ago...for a price. This one from the Ramone's is about $10.00 and lasts 55 minutes. To me, that sounds pretty reasonable, if you're a Ramones fan of course. They have a ton of other shows listed, so if you have any interest, go <a href="http://concerts.wolfgangsvault.com:80/?utm_source=NL&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=070627">here</a>.

Swish

Rich-n-Texas
06-29-2007, 02:38 PM
Patti Smith at the Pavillion, Paris France.

Jay Dee Daugherty - drums
Lenny Kaye - guitar
Ivan Kral - bass, guitar
Richard Sohl - piano

This show from March of 1978 was a sort of spiritual homecoming for the woman that had once busked on the streets of the City of Light, immersed in the environs that had created her favorite poems. But the cobbled alleyways needn’t have served as her theatre this time around; the punk scene Patti helped nurture was in full swing and the recent release of the album Easter yielded her highest charting hit, “Because the Night,” co-written by Bruce Springsteen. The band is in top form as the rattle through a brief set, book-ending their palpitating version of Them’s “Gloria” with newer material that is just as transcendent - listen for a room full of raucous French fans chanting, “pah-TEE, pah-TEE!!”
Thank you kind sir. I don't care how much it might cost, I'm buying!!!

Now all I need is a decent working computer to save it to. :skep:

Too bad it, or the CBGB concert vids aren't available for download. :frown2: :frown5: :sad: :cryin:

MindGoneHaywire
06-29-2007, 03:17 PM
Oh, yeah! It's a good one, that's for sure. Only problem is, it was recorded a week after It's Alive, which I've had for nearly 25 years...but when this came out on CD a few years ago I snapped it up immediately, within days of its release.

One of the largest holes in the Ramones catalog is a lack of a credible live release from when Richie was the drummer. Their gigs with him were my favorites, not that I saw them with Tommy. But, anyway, here's a link to this on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/NYC-1978-Ramones/dp/B0000AKY5W/ref=pd_sim_m_1/103-0548491-9502249?ie=UTF8&qid=1183157429&sr=1-2