Starsky & Hutch and Mooseport [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Starsky & Hutch and Mooseport

Kam
02-22-2004, 01:51 PM
Starsky & Hutch - the first of Todd Phillip's movies that i've seen, so not sure how it compares against Roadtrip and Old School. Entertaining fun movie. Nothing spectacular, nothing detracting, generally fun entertainment. Wouldn't reccomend rushing out to see it, but wouldn't say to avoid it either. Was actually a little slower paced than i would've thought for a comedy, but did have some fun moments. I never watched the tv show, so can't compare how it stacked up to the same feel and vibe of the original. Will Ferrel was great in a small roll and you just wanted to see more of him and less of some of the other characters, but i'm a big will ferrell fan so that might be prejudice speaking.

Mooseport - there is absolutely nothing new in this film that you haven't seen before. not one shred of originality in the story at all. however, i liked it. hackman and ray romano are just two people/characters i really liked. in spite of everything being recycled, they were geniuine likeable. hackman, imo, is one of the greats, and he just is very geniune here. romano really plays the everyday-man well and you can't help but like him, imo. Again, nothing to rush out to see but nothing to avoid either. good, schmaltzy type movie. if you don't like either hackman or romano though, avoid it, they are all that carries this movie.

peace
k2

(p.s. i'll be seeing passion next week.)

This Guy
02-22-2004, 05:51 PM
Dude, if you like Will Ferrel, Old School is an absolute must! It's probably the funniest movie I ever saw and he's the main character. You should buy it right now. Thanks for your review of Starsky and Hutch, I was hoping to see that soon.

-Joey

Kam
02-22-2004, 07:47 PM
in that case check it out. it's worth it for will ferrell alone, and ben stiller and owen wilson are a great team-up again, rally looks like these two have a great shorthand with each other, which they should after so many roles together (royal tennenbaums, zoolander, meet the parents, permanent midnight).