Brian Wilson Performs Smile live in London this weekend [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Brian Wilson Performs Smile live in London this weekend

dld
02-22-2004, 10:59 AM
Well Beach Boys enthusiasts, lets all hope a recording of this was done. Excerpts off the Ass. Press wire:

"...thirty seven years late, Smile received its live premiere in London tis weekend - and most critics agreed it was worth the wait.

Mr. Wilson, 61, and performing again after years as a near recluse received a five minute standing ovation at the end of the show at London Royal festival Music Hall.

A black clad Mr. Wilson led an 18 oiece band in performances of several Beach Boys hits, followed by the complete Smile - concluding with its best known track, Good Vibration".

Gaddam, wish I'd bean there.

Davey
02-22-2004, 12:45 PM
Yeah, I've seen some people posting the setlist as kinda sorta like below. Apparently all the London shows are being filmed so probably a DVD later. Also worth noting is that he used the earlier Tony Asher (and VDP?) lyrics for Good Vibrations. So will this now be the "official" track order for Smile? Not likely :)

And Your Dreams Come True
In My Room
Hawaii
Please Let Me Wonder
Good Timin'
You're Welcome
Time to Get Alone
Sloop John B
Wouldn't It Be Nice
God Only Knows
Soul Searching
California Girls
Keep an Eye on Summer
Catch A Wave
Dance, Dance, Dance
Don't Worry Baby
Night Was So Young
City Blues
Marcella
Sail On Sailor

---Interval---
Smile:
Our Prayer
Gee (How I Love My Girl)
Heroes And Villains
Do you like Worms
Barnyard
The Old Master Painter/You Are My Sunshine
Cabinessence
Wonderful
Look (Tones?)
Child Is The Father Of The Man
Surf's Up
I'm In Great Shape
Workshop
Vege-tables
Holiday
Wind Chimes
Mrs O'Leary's Cow/Fire
I Love To Say Da Da
Good Vibrations

---encore---
Do It Again
I Get Around
Help Me Rhonda
Barbara Ann
Surfin USA
Fun Fun Fun
Love And Mercy

MindGoneHaywire
02-22-2004, 04:13 PM
I've been told that boots are already floating around online. The sequence for the SMILE portion of the show runs pretty close to most of the versions I have. I haven't gone to a show I couldn't get in for free...in a long time. But if this comes to NY I'll sell my cat if I have to.

Les
02-23-2004, 03:49 AM
I have tickets for 6 March :D when he appears at Newcastle City Hall here in North East England.

I've never been a major fan of Wilson/Beach Boys but my view is the guy is a legend and I just had to go - particularly as the gig is only 10 miles from my house. £50 GBP per ticket in a 1500 seater hall and I'm four rows back and centre :) . It's my wife's birthday that day too so I hope this will provide a memorable day for her (and me). In preparation I've been buying a couple of things like the BB's Pet Sounds and Wilson Live at the Roxy Theatre.

Will post a review afterwards though not for a week or so as the following day I'm off on a diving holiday to the Red Sea (Sharm El Sheikh). The London concerts have had very good reviews and one of the Sunday papers did mention that certain dates on the tour were being recorded for DVD release.