Tracklist from current Genesis tour. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Tracklist from current Genesis tour.

BradH
06-27-2007, 03:23 PM
Some of this is surprising, some of it is not.

Behind The Lines
Duke's End
Turn It On Again
No Son Of Mine
Land Of Confusion
In The Cage
The Cinema Show
Duke's Travels
Afterglow
Hold On My Heart (?...is that right?)
Home By The Sea
Second Home By The Sea
Follow You Follow Me
Firth Of Fifth
I Know What I Like
Mama
Ripples
Throwing It All Away
The Domino Principle
Domino
Drum duet
Los Endos
Tonight Tonight Tonight
Invisible Touch
I Can't Dance
Carpet Crawlers

unleasHell
06-27-2007, 04:40 PM
cool, I like three of those songs..

where is Gabriel & Hackett again?

BradH
06-27-2007, 06:28 PM
where is Gabriel & Hackett again?

Gabriel's eating food and picking songs for the next Olypics.

Troy
06-28-2007, 07:23 AM
Lots of clips on youtube if you like that sorta thing.

I'll rent the DVD.

Olivertmc
06-28-2007, 12:11 PM
Maybe it's because I never saw them during the earlier years (I'm embarrassed to admit that I discovered them with "Invisible Touch") but I think the set list is pretty solid. I would prefer some more from Abacab, but Duke is my favorite album and seems well represented. Also, I'm pretty psyched to see Home by the Sea performed live - I always liked that one.

Troy
06-28-2007, 01:36 PM
The setlist is better than I thought it was going to be. I wonder if that will change on the US leg of the tour?

Squonk, Dance on a Volcano, One for the Vine, Watcher of the Skies, Burning Rope. All missing.

Supper's Ready, even a 7 minute version like what Tull did to Thick as a Brick would be better than good.

Something DIFFERENT from the Lamb would be nice. They've done a Cage-based Medley since the 70s. I'm sure several of the best songs in that list are short excerpts only.

I can do without:
Turn It On Again
No Son Of Mine
Land Of Confusion
Follow You Follow Me
Ripples
Throwing It All Away
Invisible Touch
I Can't Dance

I'd go if someone handed me a ticket.

3-LockBox
06-28-2007, 05:17 PM
I'd like to see them perform the Duke Suite as it was originally intended. There used to be a vid of the '80 concert in which they do perform the suite in its entirety, but alas, its gone AWOL.

Olivertmc
06-29-2007, 07:22 AM
[QUOTE=Troy]
QUOTE]

Hold on My Heart = beer break

It's just the worst, I really wish it wasn't included.

BradH
06-29-2007, 08:07 AM
I'm sure several of the best songs in that list are short excerpts only.

No, I listened to the Brussels show and they're full versions except for a couple of cases where they take half a song and drop it in a suite like always.

If they were touring for a new cd I'm sure the tracklist would be even worse. I'm surprised it's as good as it is, especially the inclusion of the Duke stuff after 27 years.

Troy
06-29-2007, 08:53 AM
It's pretty well documented that Banks thinks "Duke" is the best thing the band ever did. So I'm really not that surprised by it's inclusion.

Olivertmc
06-29-2007, 12:21 PM
No, I listened to the Brussels show and they're full versions except for a couple of cases where they take half a song and drop it in a suite like always.

If they were touring for a new cd I'm sure the tracklist would be even worse. I'm surprised it's as good as it is, especially the inclusion of the Duke stuff after 27 years.

Wow - the full versions! Now I'm pretty psyched. I thought I'd be in for another "Old Medley" from The Way We Walk tour discs. You mentioned a few are still excerpts - what about cinema show? Please say it was the full version . . .

BradH
06-29-2007, 08:23 PM
You mentioned a few are still excerpts - what about cinema show? Please say it was the full version . . .

It's not. Cinema Show and Firth of Fifth have their quiet intros truncated, everything else was done whole.

There's a long suite that looks like this: In The Cage/Cinema Show/Duke's End/Afterglow.