Ok, I've got another Mysery Disc for you [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Ok, I've got another Mysery Disc for you

Finch Platte
06-26-2007, 08:02 PM
The last one I sent out (Puppet Show) got kind of luke-warm reviews (and that's ok!). No one was offended, yet no one raved. Middle-of-the-road response. :o

This one is going to elicit more varying emotions, I'm sure. You'll like it or you'll hate it. And it sure ain't prog. :cornut:

It's a new release, it's round and it's shiny. And free. No strings attached. PM me if you want to hear it, try to guess who it might be, and offer your comments. You'll get to hear an artist you might not have picked up otherwise.

fp

http://www.langston.com/GFX/CD-blank180.jpg

P.S. As a hint, I've enclosed a picture of the disc. Your first clue!

ForeverAutumn
06-27-2007, 05:50 AM
Oh, what a pretty disk! If I don't like it, I think I'll hang it from my rearview mirror.

:)

3-LockBox
06-27-2007, 10:28 AM
Say Finch, our fellow poster Slosh has made comps available through download. I have no idea how they did it, or if it cost anythinb, but it sure seems hastle free.

Maybe if he reads this he might remind us how? perhaps...maybe...no? hmm?

GMichael
06-27-2007, 10:57 AM
I know that I'm the new guy, but did you mean to say Mysery disc instead of Mystery disc? Is that a typo or a inside joke that I haven't noticed before? If it's a typo, I'm sorry to have brought it up. If it's a joke, can I know too? I love jokes.

ForeverAutumn
06-27-2007, 11:40 AM
I know that I'm the new guy, but did you mean to say Mysery disc instead of Mystery disc? Is that a typo or a inside joke that I haven't noticed before? If it's a typo, I'm sorry to have brought it up. If it's a joke, can I know too? I love jokes.

Bwaaahaaaahaaa! Oh that's a good one.

...a little Freudian slip perhaps? ;)

GMichael
06-27-2007, 11:44 AM
Bwaaahaaaahaaa! Oh that's a good one.

...a little Freudian slip perhaps? ;)

OK, I just asked E-Stat not to use that little blinky guy blowing a kiss to me. But I'll let you slide.

noddin0ff
06-27-2007, 11:54 AM
A simple service for uploading/downloading that Slosh et al used was

www.mediafire.com

Since then they've imposed a 100MB limit per file size. However, there is no limit on how many files you can upload. It also has a nice interface to upload multiple files at once. A typical lossless compressed track might be 25-30MB.

The site is clear and uncluttered, is free, and requires no registration whatsoever. After the file is uploaded, you get a URL for downloading the file. You give whoever the URL and they can download it. Simultaneous downloads of multiple files are allowed, a big plus!

I like it. I use if for storing presentations when I travel (in case I lose all 3 backups I carry...). I've also 'transferred' albums from place to place.

I wouldn't bother with Zipping the files together. Just rip them in a lossless codec (flac or ALE preferred, both free and universal) and upload them individually.

My two cents!

kexodusc
06-27-2007, 12:51 PM
A simple service for uploading/downloading that Slosh et al used was

www.mediafire.com

Since then they've imposed a 100MB limit per file size. However, there is no limit on how many files you can upload. It also has a nice interface to upload multiple files at once. A typical lossless compressed track might be 25-30MB.

The site is clear and uncluttered, is free, and requires no registration whatsoever. After the file is uploaded, you get a URL for downloading the file. You give whoever the URL and they can download it. Simultaneous downloads of multiple files are allowed, a big plus!

I like it. I use if for storing presentations when I travel (in case I lose all 3 backups I carry...). I've also 'transferred' albums from place to place.

I wouldn't bother with Zipping the files together. Just rip them in a lossless codec (flac or ALE preferred, both free and universal) and upload them individually.

My two cents!
Hey cool.
I like this idea a lot..I'm gonna try it. With flac.... seems to be the most user friendly across all the platforms I have.
Thanks.

3-LockBox
06-27-2007, 02:02 PM
I wouldn't bother with Zipping the files together.
But isn't that what messeur Slosh does?

noddin0ff
06-27-2007, 06:41 PM
But isn't that what messeur Slosh does?

Before. When file size was not restricted, yes. IMO, there's no advantage now to zipping. Just extra hassle when you could be up/down loading. Why complicate things; it just keeps people from taking the plunge and posting.

2 more cents.

bobsticks
06-28-2007, 04:02 AM
I'm in. I'm always up for something new, but I think from your hint I've already guessed it.
Can't wait to hear the new Snoop Dogg disc :ciappa:

http://www.langston.com/GFX/CD-blank180.jpg

P.S. As a hint, I've enclosed a picture of the disc. Your first clue!
Drop it like it's hard, byiatches

bobsticks
06-30-2007, 03:10 PM
As advertised the disc arrived promptly. It is in fact everything pictured--a lovely, shiny disc. Such pristine appearance was well worth the price.

I'm definetly confused and guessing. At first I was sure that the Fields of the Nephilim had reformed, but certainly not. And for a deeper curveball, I could swear that's Sascha Konietzo on vocals.

Is this a Bill Leeb project? And did he get lost in the desert?

For the record, this is just the kind of thing I would buy. Then again I have much more money than sense and not a lot of either. I mucho likey.

bobsticks
07-02-2007, 04:08 PM
Am I the only one to have received this or am I th eonly one goofy enough to have liked it? Y'all just bein' polite?

Troy
07-02-2007, 05:21 PM
Got it today and have played it several times. I really like it. Is it an offshoot of Mr. Bungle/Estradasphere/Secret Chiefs 3? The singing sounds familiar, as does some of the weird song structures.

It has a goofy Aztec vibe to me. Or Polynesian. Tribal. It's colorful and weird and not at all like normal music. I like it very much too!

Is it prog? I'd certainly call it that.

Finch Platte
07-03-2007, 08:27 AM
Got it today and have played it several times. I really like it. Is it an offshoot of Mr. Bungle/Estradasphere/Secret Chiefs 3? The singing sounds familiar, as does some of the weird song structures.

It has a goofy Aztec vibe to me. Or Polynesian. Tribal. It's colorful and weird and not at all like normal music. I like it very much too!

Is it prog? I'd certainly call it that.

Nice edumacative guesses there, Troy. I especially like the Bungle ref. :idea: :thumbsup:

fp

Troy
07-03-2007, 10:21 AM
What do I win?

noddin0ff
07-05-2007, 04:50 AM
Got the CD and iTunes solved the 'mystery' before I even hit play. No amount of guessing would've helped me. Enjoying the novelty of the listen, even though I'm having a hard time reconciling the gentle industrial metal with native American dance. Tnx!