Micro Utopia Be... Worth it? Whats better? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Micro Utopia Be... Worth it? Whats better?

Rock789
06-25-2007, 07:06 PM
this is an opinions thread...

I love the electra be bookshelf, haven't auditioned the micro utoipia be yet, but assume it is better (since it costs a bit more ;o)

so this is wide open...

what do YOU think is a better sounding bookshielf than the focal jm labs...

if you have a reason, include it,

if you have never listened to the focal's, but have an opinion on the best ever, include it...

you get the picture
thanks,
Mike

emorphien
06-25-2007, 07:49 PM
I haven't heard these but I have heard the Grand Utopia Bes and those were certainly a very transparent and enjoyable speaker.

European
06-27-2007, 05:03 AM
"Mirror, mirror upon the wall, Who is the fairest of all?"
The mirror answered-
"Thou, O Queen, art the fairest of all,"
and the Queen was contented, because she knew the mirror could speak nothing but the truth.
But as time passed on, Little Snow-White grew more and more beautiful, until when she was seven years old, she was as lovely as the bright day, and still more lovely than the Queen herself, so that when the lady one day asked her mirror-
"Mirror, mirror upon the wall, Who is the fairest fair of all?"
it answered-
"O Lady Queen, though fair ye be, Snow-White is fairer far to see."

(Joking apart) The Micro Utopia is considered as one of the best bookshelf speakers. You would not regret the purchase. But there are better speakers, for instance Wilson Duettes. It is always the matter of money.
E.

I love the electra be bookshelf, haven't auditioned the micro utoipia be yet, but assume it is better (since it costs a bit more ;o)

so this is wide open...

if you have never listened to the focal's, but have an opinion on the best ever, include it...

you get the picture
thanks,
Mike

Feanor
06-27-2007, 05:17 AM

so this is wide open...

you get the picture
thanks,
Mike

I heard them in smallish room driven by a Bel Canto eVo2: sounded great. However they are extremely expensive. I'd check out numerous cheaper offerings before committing to them -- starting with obvious options such as Paradigm S2's or S4's, or cheaper JBLabs.

Personally I'd love to do a DIY pair of two-ways using Acuton drivers -- would run <$2000 + labor (free).