If you could be one "Hero" or "Heroinne" Who would you be? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : If you could be one "Hero" or "Heroinne" Who would you be?

Worf101
06-25-2007, 04:10 AM
If you could one hero or heroinne from all of movie history.... who you would be? Indiana Jones, Luke Skywalker, Bruce Lee? For me it was a toss up between "Worf" and "Jules" from "Pulp Fiction" , I'll decide later on this week, which I prefer...

Da Worfster

Rich-n-Texas
06-25-2007, 05:02 AM
I'm BATMAN.

kexodusc
06-25-2007, 09:15 AM
Who wants to be a Hero when you could be a super-cool villain?

Man, I'm really struggling with this one. While there is a certain appeal to wielding a light-saber and being able move things with your mind, the whole Jedi Code of Ethics would really take the fun out of it. Likewise for most comic book hero characters, though they all got heavy consideration.

I'm gonna have to go with 007 - dammit, who WOULDN'T wanna be a secret agent with all kinds of cool weapons gadgetry and some super spiffed-up cars. And more than enough beautiful exotic women to make Captain Kirk jealous...

Runner up was "the Counte of Monte Fisto" himself - Apollo Creed...
With names like "The Dancing Destroyer", "The Master of Disaster", and "The King of Sting", fortune, fame, and everything that goes with it, what's not to like?
Yeah, sure, the whole getting killed by Drago in an exhibition fight would suck, but damn, James Brown did your theme music - what an entrance. Ooooowwww!

Kam
06-25-2007, 09:16 AM
i would have to go with batman as well....
but... since someone already took it, and i have always wanted to fly, superman would be fun just for the whole invincibility thing he's got going on
but... then you'd have to be superman which is kinda lame.
but... i've always wanted to fly so i could go with angel but not sure i wanna go his tragic (comic book story) route....
so back to flying superhero's that are cool...green lantern... nah he's a bit of a tool, spidey can almost fly with the whole web-slinging, and he does have an interesting life too... but... hmmm
screw it. I'm Batman. :)

Kam
06-25-2007, 09:19 AM
Who wants to be a Hero when you could be a super-cool villain?

Man, I'm really struggling with this one. While there is a certain appeal to wielding a light-saber and being able move things with your mind, the whole Jedi Code of Ethics would really take the fun out of it. Likewise for most comic book hero characters, though they all got heavy consideration.

I'm gonna have to go with 007 - dammit, who WOULDN'T wanna be a secret agent with all kinds of cool weapons gadgetry and some super spiffed-up cars. And more than enough beautiful exotic women to make Captain Kirk jealous...

Runner up was "the Counte of Monte Fisto" himself - Apollo Creed...
With names like "The Dancing Destroyer", "The Master of Disaster", and "The King of Sting", fortune, fame, and everything that goes with it, what's not to like?
Yeah, sure, the whole getting killed by Drago in an exhibition fight would suck, but damn, James Brown did your theme music - what an entrance. Ooooowwww!

oh c'mon! apollo over clubber lang!!?? :)

kexodusc
06-25-2007, 09:22 AM
oh c'mon! apollo over clubber lang!!?? :)
Well, I'm taking "hero" as the protagonist good guy of the story...if bad guys are in, this is a totally different thread.

Kam
06-25-2007, 09:27 AM
Well, I'm taking "hero" as the protagonist good guy of the story...if bad guys are in, this is a totally different thread.

wait... you mean clubber wasn't the hero of rocky 3? i thought it was a brilliant tragedy in reverse... the hero comes out strong and wins, but then his arrogance makes him lose the final fight, yet gain a valuable lesson in hubris... :)

kexodusc
06-25-2007, 09:51 AM
wait... you mean clubber wasn't the hero of rocky 3? i thought it was a brilliant tragedy in reverse... the hero comes out strong and wins, but then his arrogance makes him lose the final fight, yet gain a valuable lesson in hubris... :)
Well, there are entire Master's level classes devoted to interpreting the literary genius of Stallone's masterpiece, and I won't pressume to have the correct interpretation. Each scene was a metaphor, each character an enigma, each line a confession of the struggle within.
For example: "My prediction? Pain." Was this pain directed at Rocky, or a reference to the internal conflict resulting from the unsatiated hunger that would remain within Clubber regardless of the outcome of the bout?

PeruvianSkies
06-25-2007, 10:10 AM
Well, there are entire Master's level classes devoted to interpreting the literary genius of Stallone's masterpiece, and I won't pressume to have the correct interpretation. Each scene was a metaphor, each character an enigma, each line a confession of the struggle within.
For example: "My prediction? Pain." Was this pain directed at Rocky, or a reference to the internal conflict resulting from the unsatiated hunger that would remain within Clubber regardless of the outcome of the bout?

The duality of man is so perfectly layered within the context and subcontext of this film that the entire film stands as one of the greatest paradox's of the human existence. Even in ROCKY Chapter IV and V, as well as VI the issues are lingering still with part IV, Man Vs Machine (Ivan Drago is referenced as 'beyond human') really becoming the impetus for the entire 1980's subculture. Mickey represents the father-figure of the film, but after dying in chapter III there is anger that ignites Rocky into fighting Clubber Lang, who in many ways represents the thug that Rocky was in the first chapter of our story. This cycle repeates in Chapter V as Rocky becomes the father-figure to Tommy the Machine Gun. There are so many arching and over-arching parallels within the Rocky Saga that it would take a master's thesis to truly identify all of its significance.

L.J.
06-25-2007, 11:27 AM
Hero huh?

The question for me is......no matter who I pick, how long before I give in to the power of the Dark Side :devil:

Woochifer
06-25-2007, 11:55 AM
I would have to go with Buckaroo Banzai -- interdimensional adventurer, neurosurgeon, particle physicist, and rock musician with an entourage. A renaissance man and hero for all galaxies, but without the angst and bipolar issues that go along with being a costumed superhero.

Rich-n-Texas
06-25-2007, 03:07 PM
I'm sooo disappointed in you Wooch. How could you think Batman has Bipolar disorder!

It's not a costume he wears, it's battle gear! And I'll betchya Buckaroo didn't have a vehicle that even came close to the Batmobile in bada$$SSness now did he? :biggrin5:

Woochifer
06-25-2007, 03:31 PM
I'm sooo disappointed in you Wooch. How could you think Batman has Bipolar disorder!

It's not a costume he wears, it's battle gear! And I'll betchya Buckaroo didn't have a vehicle that even came close to the Batmobile in bada$$SSness now did he? :biggrin5:

Well, even that rich guy with all the cool toys, Bruce Wayne, thinks that Batman's got issues! :out:

Buckaroo doesn't have a Batmobile, but then again, the Batmobile can only travel on terrestrial roads in this dimension. How quaint, might as well walk! You want bada$$? How 'bout a vehicle like Buckaroo's ride that's equipped with an oscillation overthruster and can travel into the 8th dimension? :arf:

PeruvianSkies
06-25-2007, 07:08 PM
I think i'd be Leon....the professional. He is the perfect assassin, lives in solitude, and has a plant. He is cool, collect, calculated, and never fails a mission.

musicman1999
06-25-2007, 07:12 PM
Two possibilities,Aragorn,weilds a mean sword and still got the girl.
Or Captain Jean-Luc Picard,IMO the best captain the Enterprise ever had.

bill

Rich-n-Texas
06-25-2007, 07:25 PM
...equipped with an oscillation overthruster and can travel into the 8th dimension? :arf:
Curses!!! Foiled again! :mad5:

Smokey
06-25-2007, 09:21 PM
This might sound weird to some of you, but one of my fantasy is to have power of invisibility.

There are many advantage to have that power. One major advantage would be to not have to work for living, working for/with idiots. Just go to local bank and get what you need (not to rob, but just enough to get you by). Another would be to get away from trouble if it comes your way. Trouble come your way, just vanish into thin air.

In another word, live the way you want to live without responsibilities.

http://www.ee.duke.edu/~drsmith/cloaking/invisible_man.jpg

Kam
06-25-2007, 09:25 PM
there's one of them there "tests" out there that gives you a choice if you could have only one power between:
A) the power to fly or
B) the power of invisibility
which would you choose?

Worf101
06-26-2007, 03:21 AM
The duality of man is so perfectly layered within the context and subcontext of this film that the entire film stands as one of the greatest paradox's of the human existence. Even in ROCKY Chapter IV and V, as well as VI the issues are lingering still with part IV, Man Vs Machine (Ivan Drago is referenced as 'beyond human') really becoming the impetus for the entire 1980's subculture. Mickey represents the father-figure of the film, but after dying in chapter III there is anger that ignites Rocky into fighting Clubber Lang, who in many ways represents the thug that Rocky was in the first chapter of our story. This cycle repeates in Chapter V as Rocky becomes the father-figure to Tommy the Machine Gun. There are so many arching and over-arching parallels within the Rocky Saga that it would take a master's thesis to truly identify all of its significance.
I'm sitting here teary eyed and rolling as you "Jackmasters" take another otherwise mildly entertaining thread of mine off into another county, never to be head from again....

I hate you... all of you... I'm taking my thread and going home... so there... Pbbbst!!!

Da Worfster

Worf101
06-26-2007, 03:25 AM
Well, even that rich guy with all the cool toys, Bruce Wayne, thinks that Batman's got issues! :out:

Buckaroo doesn't have a Batmobile, but then again, the Batmobile can only travel on terrestrial roads in this dimension. How quaint, might as well walk! You want bada$$? How 'bout a vehicle like Buckaroo's ride that's equipped with an oscillation overthruster and can travel into the 8th dimension? :arf:
Woochifer FTW!!!!!

And the crowd cheers!!!!

Da Worfster

GMichael
06-26-2007, 05:21 AM
I'm sitting here teary eyed and rolling as you "Jackmasters" take another otherwise mildly entertaining thread of mine off into another county, never to be head from again....

I hate you... all of you... I'm taking my thread and going home... so there... Pbbbst!!!

Da Worfster

And they did it all without any help from me. I feel so proud.

Has anyone seen Pain Killer Jane? To be able to heel from anything, and never age? That's great. And if I had her body, I'd never leave home.

Rich-n-Texas
06-26-2007, 05:31 AM
And that's because you were... where?

GMichael
06-26-2007, 06:20 AM
And that's because you were... where?

In CT at a pool tourny. Check the steel cage.

Feanor
06-26-2007, 06:23 AM
If you could one hero or heroinne from all of movie history.... who you would be? Indiana Jones, Luke Skywalker, Bruce Lee? For me it was a toss up between "Worf" and "Jules" from "Pulp Fiction" , I'll decide later on this week, which I prefer...

Da Worfster

Certainly not that tweeby Frodo, (Elijah Wood), in Jackson's Lord of the Rings. I say, as lover of Tolkien's work, Wood was absolutely and unforgivably the worst casting in those or other recent flicks I've seen.

L.J.
06-26-2007, 06:58 AM
This might sound weird to some of you, but one of my fantasy is to have power of invisibility.

There are many advantage to have that power. One major advantage would be to not have to work for living, working for/with idiots. Just go to local bank and get what you need (not to rob, but just enough to get you by). Another would be to get away from trouble if it comes your way. Trouble come your way, just vanish into thin air.

In another word, live the way you want to live without responsibilities.

http://www.ee.duke.edu/~drsmith/cloaking/invisible_man.jpg

Umm.....does that mean you have to walk around naked all the time :ciappa:

Smokey
06-26-2007, 08:35 AM

The day is young :hand:

Umm.....does that mean you have to walk around naked all the time :ciappa:

And what is wrong with that :ihih:

PeruvianSkies
06-26-2007, 01:50 PM
The Hulk would be a great character to be. First, you are a normal human being until someone ticks you off...how great is that? Awesome. Someone pushes your buttons a bit, you turn into a huge, rediculously strong, mean, green, ragaholic who throws things around, jumps around, pounds on things, smashes everything in your way and you can't get hurt...it only fuels your fire for destruction and chaos. Then, after things are busted you slowly return back into a weak normal guy. Sounds fun to me!

http://www.leaderslair.com/noexcuses/hulk2-270pic4.gif

kelsci
06-27-2007, 08:05 AM
Hi Worfster; I would have liked to been a combination of Flash Gordon and Dr. Zarkov as portrayed in those 1930s serials that I have mentioned and you have commented on before. I would have liked to possess the brawn and bravery of Flash and the scienfific knowhow of Zharkov. In real life the "brawn" part has eluded me but I sort of played "Zharkov" in the audio-video world.

GMichael
06-27-2007, 08:27 AM
Can I change my vote? I'd like to be Dr Who. Flying through time and space sounds like a great adventure.