Adire Audio gone bye-bye ... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Adire Audio gone bye-bye ...

Woochifer
06-22-2007, 05:48 PM
As a long-time owner of Adire Audio's Rava subwoofer, I periodically check up on the company's current offerings to see what they have available.

Sad to say, but it seems like the whole company has pulled up stakes and left people with pending orders high and dry. The website's still there, but long-time Adire distributor Acoustic Visions (whose owner Kyle Richardson built the company as the primary U.S. reseller for Adire) has basically cleared out their entire Adire inventory and is about to relaunch their website without any Adire products whatsoever.

The grumblings on various message boards are that Adire did not follow through on numerous orders. Last year, a lot of this sounded like the fanboy noise that typifies car audio discussions, and I didn't believe the accusations because my own experiences with Adire had been first rate. But, even Adire's staunchest supporters have now turned on the company. For much of the past three years or so, Adire has been announcing new products, but delivering very little. An unbelievable turn of events, considering how well regarded the company was only a few years ago.

From the looks of things, owner Dan Wiggins has already launched a new venture that basically does many of the same things that Adire did. If he's doing this while orders and contracts are still pending at Adire, that's incredibly unethical.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3002

Feanor
06-23-2007, 02:58 AM
As a long-time owner of Adire Audio's Rava subwoofer, I periodically check up on the company's current offerings to see what they have available.

Sad to say, but it seems like the whole company has pulled up stakes and left people with pending orders high and dry.

From the looks of things, owner Dan Wiggins has already launched a new venture that basically does many of the same things that Adire did. If he's doing this while orders and contracts are still pending at Adire, that's incredibly unethical.

It sounds like financial mismanagement, (not that I have any specific knowledge). Normally if a principal gets bored with his old company, he sells it and uses the funds to start up something new.

So Wiggins can't sell, presumably because of severe debt or credit situation, and/or he's abandoning his partners. For their sakes I hope didn't scope the till on his way out.