Kaipa - Angling Feelings [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Kaipa - Angling Feelings

BarryL
06-22-2007, 05:23 AM
I've been spinning the new Kaipa CD. No Roine Stolt on this one.

If you liked Mind Revolutions, you'll like this. I think this is a better album, full of great playing and melodies. I'm not a huge fan of band leader Hans Lundin vocals, but at least he can sing. There's something same-sounding to most of their material, but that's not a bad thing. They don't have the sense of musical adventure that Stolt and TFKs have.

Overall, a fine release, but nothing groundbreaking here. It's a bit softer than Mind Revolutions, but it's cut of the same cloth.

If you don't know this band and like The Flower Kings, you'll like Kaipa. Jonas Reingold plays bass on this one.

3-LockBox
06-22-2007, 08:28 AM
I've been contemplating getting this one. I do count myself a fan, as I do like Lundin's vocals, and I like the band Ritual as well. I like Kaipa's earthiness, but yeah, they're not adventurous. TFK was adventurous, but had a nagging habit of delving into GRPish jazz, which Kaipa does not, sans Stolt.

BarryL
06-22-2007, 02:52 PM
This one's for you then. You'll like it. After you get over the original "it sounds like the last one," like all good prog, it gets better with each listen.