I think I found my new best friend [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I think I found my new best friend

GMichael
06-21-2007, 09:40 AM
Now that's a cool pup.

I'll work on his taste for this beer. He's young yet.

Worf101
06-21-2007, 09:43 AM
And lookit, there's already a strong family resemblence!!!

Da Worfster

GMichael
06-21-2007, 09:49 AM
And lookit, there's already a strong family resemblence!!!

Da Worfster

How did you know what my sister looks like?

ForeverAutumn
06-21-2007, 10:21 AM
It looks more like my husband after a night out with the boys. Only he'd never be caught dead drinking a light beer.

basite
06-21-2007, 10:47 AM
How did you know what my sister looks like?

I think he ment the beer/remote thingy :ciappa:

Rich-n-Texas
06-21-2007, 10:51 AM
There you go again GM. Always trying to top me in the comedy department. You and those DAM visual aides.:incazzato:

ForeverAutumn
06-21-2007, 10:57 AM
There you go again GM. Always trying to top me in the comedy department. You and those DAM visual aides.:incazzato:

It's hard to beat prop comedy.

GMichael
06-21-2007, 11:11 AM

But I like visual aides. Besides, we're not in competition. I think of us as more of a team.
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey Aaaaaaabbooooooooooott

GMichael
06-21-2007, 11:15 AM
It's hard to beat prop comedy.

With a big enough stick, you beat almost anything.

Rich-n-Texas
06-21-2007, 11:26 AM
But I like visual aides. Besides, we're not in competition. I think of us as more of a team.
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey Aaaaaaabbooooooooooott
I really feel loved now. :o
Can I'va hug FA?

GMichael
06-21-2007, 11:37 AM
Can I'va hug FA?

It's OK with me, but I think that FA has the final word in that department.

ForeverAutumn
06-21-2007, 11:53 AM
Can I'va hug FA?

You feel loved because of GM's post, but you want a hug from me? Shouldn't it be you and GM hugging?

Men can hug too you know.

GMichael
06-21-2007, 12:02 PM
You feel loved because of GM's post, but you want a hug from me? Shouldn't it be you and GM hugging?

Are trying to make an FA, Tex & GM club sandwich?

Rich-n-Texas
06-21-2007, 12:08 PM
Not where I come from they don't. Just like men don't cry tears of joy over movies either. :hand: You're the closest lady (gal, girl, broad, chick, hottie) so you're elected. Besides, GM's too hard. I like soft & lumpy. :thumbsup:

ForeverAutumn
06-21-2007, 02:45 PM
Besides, GM's too hard. I like soft & lumpy. :thumbsup:

I'm not touching that one. :nonod:

PeruvianSkies
06-21-2007, 03:16 PM
It looks more like my husband after a night out with the boys. Only he'd never be caught dead drinking a light beer.

Well, he might be found dead drinking light beer though. Yuck!

Rich-n-Texas
06-21-2007, 06:35 PM
Years ago, and for years to follow, it was Coors light or nothing for me. From quart bottles to 1/2 kegs, the #1 brew for me and my gang was nothing but. Fast forward ~10 years and you couldn't get me to come within 10 ft. of beer whatsoever, but last year, while some British friends and I were bar hopping down on Greenville Ave., one guy turned me on to a can of Boddington's pub ale. Excellent brew that, when you pour it into a glass you find it has a fool-proof and rich head. What I mean is, you can pour it as fast as you want, but because it has a small carbon dioxide widget in the can there's never any overflow, and after all the foam dissipates, you're left with a smooth and mellow bouquet (to borrow a wine term). I don't know if anyone's ever heard of it or tried it but it's become my number one choice when I'm in the mood for a cold one. And just to prove that I'm not a beer snob, my second choice is Bass ale... a robust and manly ale. :cool:

GMichael
06-22-2007, 05:24 AM
I'm not touching that one. :nonod:

But, but, I thought.... sniff sniff...:cryin:

ForeverAutumn
06-22-2007, 05:59 AM
Boddington's pub ale.

A friend of ours bought a six pack of this to a BBQ one night and introduce my husband to it. Now he buys it every now and then. I don't drink beer myself. But it is very cool how this one pours out.

Rich-n-Texas
06-22-2007, 11:14 AM
Down here a 4-pack of I think 16oz. cans costs $8.50. I definately pace myself with this beer.

Now where's that smart remark GM made about my old stand-by Coors Light...

GMichael
06-26-2007, 05:12 AM
Down here a 4-pack of I think 16oz. cans costs $8.50. I definately pace myself with this beer.

Now where's that smart remark GM made about my old stand-by Coors Light...

Sorry, was away. Coors light is fine if you like your piss watered down.

Rich-n-Texas
06-26-2007, 05:23 AM
Yeah, this coming from the guy who thinks Margaritas are yellow.

Feanor
06-26-2007, 05:31 AM
Sorry, was away. Coors light is fine if you like your piss watered down.

Some of us are priviledged to drink the likes of Sleeman Honey Brown ...

Rich-n-Texas
06-26-2007, 05:41 AM
I see a lot of J.W. Dundee's Honey Brown ale sold at the local liquor and grocery stores down here but I hesitate to buy it in the event it has a bitter after taste, which I despise. Also because just like any other import it's expensive. Can I get a review on Honey Brown ale, particularly the J.W. brand?

bobsticks
06-26-2007, 06:32 PM
Although hard to find in some states (maybe due to the brewing process, eh) I like a good Fraoch Heather Ale when available...

Oh yeah, nice doggie.

PeruvianSkies
06-26-2007, 11:13 PM
FIRESTONE WALKER

http://www.firestonewalker.com/index_images/bottle.jpg

ALASKAN AMBER

http://www.bekkoame.ne.jp/i/lummox/AkAK/2005/alaskan_amber_DSCN9409.jpg

J. LEINENKUGELS

PeruvianSkies
06-26-2007, 11:16 PM
Does anyone know of a beer manufacturer that makes beer that is smooth and less bitter...I have a friend that isn't much of a beer drinker and I think that he might be more inclined if it were something smoother. Thus far the only beers he has tolerated was Sam Adams Dark and Penn Dark. Any recommendations would be helpful and cost isn't really an issue.

Rich-n-Texas
06-27-2007, 12:10 PM
Does anyone know of a beer manufacturer that makes beer that is smooth and less bitter...I have a friend that isn't much of a beer drinker and I think that he might be more inclined if it were something smoother. Thus far the only beers he has tolerated was Sam Adams Dark and Penn Dark. Any recommendations would be helpful and cost isn't really an issue.
Isn't that an oxymoron? :confused5:

Smooth and less bitter than what? Those are subjective terms.

Is there a difference between a beer that's described as an Amber ale and one that's described as a Pale ale?

Bobsticks, I thought that beer you named: Fraoch, was a typo and you meant French. :idea: I've never seen any of the beers pictured here anywhere in my travels!

bobsticks
06-27-2007, 04:11 PM
Rich,
The Fraoch is fairly rare over here, you ususally gotta know somebody who knows somebody...at least in the midwest. I suspect there are some laws regarding brewing with heather that none but a few importers will circumvent.

P-Sky, have you started with the basics? It's kind of a vague question and one would normally think of the light stuff...How about a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, or a Samuel Smith's Nut Brown Ale...or even a proper Black 'N' Tan?

PeruvianSkies
06-27-2007, 08:49 PM
Rich,
The Fraoch is fairly rare over here, you ususally gotta know somebody who knows somebody...at least in the midwest. I suspect there are some laws regarding brewing with heather that none but a few importers will circumvent.

P-Sky, have you started with the basics? It's kind of a vague question and one would normally think of the light stuff...How about a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, or a Samuel Smith's Nut Brown Ale...or even a proper Black 'N' Tan?

Well, all I know is that he has been more of a fan of the darker beers and I was curious if there might be some dark beers out there that present themselves as being smooth in nature that I have not tried myself.

jlcct
07-03-2007, 12:03 PM
Has your friend tried Newcastle? It's in most bars here in CT and it's dark, very smooth and generally well excepted by people who are new to the dark beer scene. It's not thick like Guiness, which I love, and it's not thin like all the cheap stuff that's always on tap. I hope I didn't insult you with such a popular brand but I don't know your region of the country or your friends experiences.

That's a cool dog by the way. Habits are hard to break so tell him to keep away from that fridge.

jlcct
07-03-2007, 05:49 PM
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/jlcct/BeerSquirrel-1.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/jlcct/DrunkCat.jpg