Here Sammy live simulcast in StL right now [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Here Sammy live simulcast in StL right now

Mr Peabody
06-20-2007, 04:48 PM
www.kshe95.com Sammy is doing a live acoustic set right now that is being simulcast. Follow the link. If you don't here Sammy stick around, unless your reading this romorrow, your are too late!

He is promoting his Live in St. Louis DVD.

Mr Peabody
06-20-2007, 06:32 PM
Well, you missed it. Some of the songs transferred to acoustic pretty well. Sammy wasn't in great voice but as always in rare form. Some one with their finger on the button zoned off and let a F bomb over the air. Ouch! my virgin ears.

They didn't mention it tonight but I heard on some other announcements that the disc will be in HD. No mention what format, maybe both.

How does Sammy do in your area? Any decade was he big there?

nobody
06-21-2007, 08:50 AM
As a fellow denizen of St. Louis, I gotta ask...what's the deal with St. Louis and Sammy Hagar? I have never understood the bizarre love affair St. Louis has had with Sammy since his Montrose days.

3-LockBox
06-21-2007, 09:34 AM
Crap! I wished I could have seen this post yesterday...

Thanks for trying, anyway. I'm sure it would have been a blast.

3-LockBox
06-21-2007, 09:57 AM
As a fellow denizen of St. Louis, I gotta ask...what's the deal with St. Louis and Sammy Hagar? I have never understood the bizarre love affair St. Louis has had with Sammy since his Montrose days.

Well, as you already know, KSHE was huge back in the day. Before the FCC started to crack down on transmitter power and the like, KSHE had a huge listening area; it was one of the more powerful stations in that area, and the surrounding area is relatively flat, so signal could travel farther. A station in Memphis was the same way, and Sammy hit that one with regualrity as well. Not only was Sammy a tireless showman, he was a pretty savvy self promoter. His concerts in Memphis to my recollection, were also major events and well attended. This was back in the day when acts like him toured relentlessly, to a more diverse array venues, when it cost less than 20 bucks to see a concert. More people went to concerts back then and big time FM radio promoted the hell out concerts, where as now, its a 30 second segment per week.

Another reason may be, Sammy is associated with good times. KSHE relives past glory by promoting the hell out of a Sammy Hagar concert. I remeber traveling through Missoury a decade ago and KSHE (which I belive is primarily a classic rock station now) was promoting the hell out of an AC/DC concert, and I never hear that from stations around Seattle. The only station I know of like that is in Vancouver BC (CFOX), and a few years ago, they were promoting the hell out of a Hagar concert, and Sammy was in studio the day before, taking phone calls. He has an infectious energy about him, in a genre permiated by sullen brats.

Mr Peabody
06-21-2007, 04:00 PM
I think 3LB about has it. Back in the day K-SHE played what they wanted before being sold to corporate (insert profanity of choice) and I guess the PD liked Sammy and StL gave him air play where other areas didn't.

KSHE sort of plays new and classic rock but to be on the air as long as they have their programming is pretty narrow, typical of a corporate station, except for a few block programs.

Troy
06-21-2007, 04:13 PM
I'm the guy screaming at the top of his lungs in an LSD induced freakout during the quiet part of "Young Girl Blues" on that "All Night Long" album.

Sorry.

That night half my friends went to this show and the other half went to see Frank Zappa.

I chose poorly.

I mean, I had a good time and all, an epic and legendary night in fact, but never again had the chance to see FZ.

Mr Peabody
06-21-2007, 05:45 PM
Wow, I've got that album. That, was you?:) It's on vinyl. What's really an eye opener is to think about how long I've Had it. I bought it back in high school.