Hdmi 1.3 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hdmi 1.3

PAT.P
06-19-2007, 07:48 PM
Please dont cry :ihih: http://www.avreview.co.uk/news/article/mps/uan/791/v/1/sp/

PAT.P
06-20-2007, 09:10 AM
Were never going be ahead of the game! The only thing that never change is our speakers.:idea: But wait maybe they will have hdmi input in future for sound and video image coming out of the box:yikes:

GMichael
06-20-2007, 11:16 AM
What ever happened to HDMI 1.2?

DEVO
06-20-2007, 11:18 AM
I talked to someone the other day and I "almost" laughed at him. He told me that he could see a difference between BluRay and HD-DVD on a display at BB. I said that my eyes aren't that good and he said well I have eyes that are 20/20!
I feel that the current display that I have is fine until it dies. I don't believe that "I" could even tell the difference between what I currently have and 1.3 HDMI. I just want it to work! Could you even "see" that many colors?
I just want HDMI to work properly!
I was just happy that HDMI did work in my system! I've heard of soooooo many disaster w/ other receivers...
When will it ever end?

L.J.
06-20-2007, 05:21 PM
I just want HDMI to work properly!
I was just happy that HDMI did work in my system! I've heard of soooooo many disaster w/ other receivers...
When will it ever end?

Your right about that. I've started auditioning avr's and the more research I do the more problems I find people are having.

bobsticks
06-20-2007, 05:56 PM
Hey LJ,

Have you been able to determine whether the good folks at Onkyo are current with the latest, greatest incarnation of HDMI? It'd be a mighty pisser to drop 15 hundy and be shopping again next year...

pixelthis
06-21-2007, 12:31 AM
You are probably safe with just HDMI, if you can you might want to wait until the new format shakes out.
You wanna be a pioneer? remember, those were the guys with all of the arrows in their backs:smilewinkgrin:

L.J.
06-21-2007, 09:38 AM
Hey LJ,

Have you been able to determine whether the good folks at Onkyo are current with the latest, greatest incarnation of HDMI? It'd be a mighty pisser to drop 15 hundy and be shopping again next year...

Sure these babies sport the latest version of HDMI but it's kinda useless at this point. May as well be 1.1. There are no current discs that will allow DTS-MA/TrueHD signals to leave the player, and according to Doldy we may only see a few that will allow this in the future. No current discs support Deep Color at this time and your TV/player needs to support it as well. It's a big mess if you ask me, but things will probably clear up eventually.

Onkyo is the first one to bat but many others are on their way. Onkyo's big brother Integra gotta new line of HDMI 1.3 gear coming soon and so does Denon. I've been auditioning the 805 and although it does everything as advertised, there's no way to test the HD audio decoding at this time.