A Free 42" HDTV [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : A Free 42" HDTV

Wireworm5
06-17-2007, 05:08 PM
I 've been scammed before, in fact it happens to me quite freq. as I drive taxi an am too trusting of people who can't be trusted.
Anyways I get this pop up that says if I subscribe to two offers of several, I will receive a tv as a promotion. So I picked zip,ca as I can watch movies on my HT and a cd one.
I had three 42" hdtv to choose from, 2 LCD models and a Plasma. I went with the Panasonic Plasma because I sit rather close to my tv and from what I remember from viewing tvs in store the plasma is better for upclose. And I am a Panasonic tv fan.

I expect to have my tv within two weeks, but I actually won't believe it 'til I see it. :)

Vardo
06-17-2007, 07:29 PM
It's good to be trusting of people...I'm that way also. But in my
life of almost 59 years I've also learned that there is no such
thing as a "free lunch" (old saying). If something is to good to be
true I will almost always ignore it.

What offer(s) did you subscribe to?.....just curious.
I believe you are gonna have to pay (in some way) for a 42"
hdtv.....but I hope you have no regrets and you get your hdtv...vardo

Wireworm5
06-22-2007, 01:00 AM
I was able to find this pop up again by visiting the site where it appeared. This time I found the conditions for getting the tv, which for me are unattainable. So I won't be getting a HDTV after all.
As far as I'm concerned this is a scam and I was taken by being hasty. If you should happen upon it just click no. It's always embarrassing when I get scammed, usually my instincts warn me, but I fail to act on it. I suppose that is why people and organizations get away with them because most people are to embarrassed to tell authorities who might be able to do something about it.
Anyways now I have a subscription to Columbia House and Zip.ca for approx. $50 bucks a month. However I'll be able to use these as I spend more than that a month on cd's and movies. I will be cancelling though at the first legal opportuntiy.

So don't get sucked in like I was, you've been warned!