Auto Set Up - RX-V659 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Auto Set Up - RX-V659

Ace H
06-17-2007, 12:19 PM
Auto set up with the Yamaha RX-V659 tells me my Front Right speaker is "out of phase". I've check it numberous times and it is not. I even reversed the wire and auto set up still indicates "out of phase" so I put the wires back CORRECTLY, still get "out of phase" warning. The manual states you could get this message even if the spearks are hooked up correctly. Any idea WHY this is happening and could the "out of phase" detection cause the speaker affected to NOT function as it should?

kexodusc
06-17-2007, 12:42 PM
First, check the other speakers too just to be sure.
Second, I would search the manual or online for a "reset" or reinitialize process. I think this is the 2nd issue you've had with this thing. Sometimes their brains get scrambled and they need to be kickstarted. They don't come with CTRL-ALT-Delete buttons though.

It is also possible your speaker is out of phase, not the speaker wire, but the crossover inside the speaker. I'd hope that's not the case. Try moving the speakers closer together too, this rules out any room effects. Those mics can be overly sensitive.

kelsci
06-18-2007, 03:01 AM
Hi Ace; if you happen to have Star Wars Ep1,2, or 3, go to the main menu and hit thx optimizer. There is a group of audio tests one of which determines if the left and right speaker are in phase. Hopefully, that test should help.

Ace H
06-18-2007, 08:20 AM
I moved the mike over about an inch and now I get a good setup "No Warning" message. I didn't realize the mike was that sensitive.