Why Can't I [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Why Can't I

JDaniel
06-16-2007, 06:57 PM
Ever read the "What is spinning" thread? Every time I click on it, I just get a blank page and the browser says "done'. It's been this way for months. I've PM'd the Mods, but they didn't even bother to respond. I've tried it with both Firefox and IE - same result. I've cleared cache, cookies, history, and no dice. I can view every thread in this RR forum except for that one.

That's one thread I'd post in regularly IF I could figure out how to view it.

Any suggestions?

JD

ForeverAutumn
06-16-2007, 08:36 PM
I have that problem all the time here, with all kinds of threads. I just keep hitting refresh until the page finally comes up. It's very frustrating. I've never bothered paying attention to see whether it happens more frequently on longer threads but now that you're mentioning it, perhaps it has to do with the time it takes to load a long thread? Just thinking out loud.

Rich-n-Texas
06-17-2007, 05:41 AM
You may be right FA. In another forum I used to participate in, topics would get cut off at 100 posts and the mods would continue it as a new thread.

Apparently some people left this site when AR changed to vBulletin s/w. I've had problems too but not like the one JDaniel describes. This site is also the first one I've been registered at where the mods spend more time chasing spammers away than answering people's e-mails.

Feanor
06-17-2007, 05:49 AM
Ever read the "What is spinning" thread? Every time I click on it, I just get a blank page and the browser says "done'. It's been this way for months. I've PM'd the Mods, but they didn't even bother to respond. I've tried it with both Firefox and IE - same result. I've cleared cache, cookies, history, and no dice. I can view every thread in this RR forum except for that one.

That's one thread I'd post in regularly IF I could figure out how to view it.

Any suggestions?

JD

I've had exactly that probem of late.

One of the downsides of AR is that, while access is free, we get a lot of advertizing which lots first, no doubt to humor the sponors.

Slosh
06-17-2007, 05:57 AM
No problems here but personally I couldn't care less about that thread.

Monkey Bones
06-17-2007, 06:56 AM
Any suggestions?
Start a new one. Who reads any of the old posts in there anyway?

And yeah, this place is kind of a mess, always has been, and they don't seem to care much, but no problem for me with that thread, although I don't check it except on rare occasions, and I use firefox and block the extra stuff I don't want to see.

Califone's Everybody’s Mother Vol. 1 playing on my laptop right now. Hey, let's make this the what's spinning thread! Here's your chance JD :)

Slosh
06-17-2007, 07:14 AM
Hey, let's make this the what's spinning thread! How original! :rolleyes:
NP:

Monkey Bones
06-17-2007, 07:47 AM
How original!
Yeah, I know. Seems so obvious! Surprised no one else thought of it.

Holiday Mixer 2005 on the jukebox. Good year for all that indie elitist snob music we love to love so much!!!!

1. Andrew Bird - A Nervous Tic Motion of the Head to the Left
2. Andrew Bird - Fake Palindromes
3. Spoon - The Two Sides of Monsieur Valentine
4. Spoon - Sister Jack
5. Silver Jews - Sometimes a Pony Gets Depressed
6. Silver Jews - I'm Getting Back into Getting Back into You
7. The Decemberists - 16 Military Wives
8. The Decemberists - The Engine Driver
9. British Sea Power - It Ended On An Oily Stage
10. British Sea Power - How Will I Ever Find My Way Home
11. Bloc Party - The Pioneers
12. Bloc Party - Helicopter
13. The National - Daughters of the Soho Riots
14. The National - Geese of Beverly Road
15. Micah P. Hinson - I Still Remember
16. Micah P. Hinson - The Day Texas Sank to the Bottom of the Sea
17. Richmond Fontaine - Welhorn Yards
18. Richmond Fontaine - Disappeared
19. The Mountain Goats - This Year
20. The Mountain Goats - Love Love Love

JDaniel
06-17-2007, 08:35 AM
Right now it is an excellent new band find that I recently heard on a local radio interview here, and who played here over the weekend: Whiskey Falls.

Check em out here: http://www.whiskeyfallsmusic.com/

These guys are Country Rockers who have played with such diverse bands as Alice Cooper, Matthew Sweet, and one of the guys is the former front man for Brother Cane. Excellent harmonies. Reminds me a bit of early Poco.

JD

3-LockBox
06-17-2007, 09:57 AM
Right now it is an excellent new band find that I recently heard on a local radio interview here, and who played here over the weekend: Whiskey Falls.

I have heard of this band, I think on the cable, though I can't remember the song. Cool name, kinda like my own tagline....drinks whiskey, then falls.

Finch Platte
06-17-2007, 05:01 PM
No problems here but personally I couldn't care less about that thread.

Ditto. I could give a flying farkle what you guys listen to. :sleep:

:ciappa: