Man... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Man...

Gerald Cooperberg
06-16-2007, 06:33 PM
...I was about to post something just to quiet the crickets in here and realized that I haven't watched any movies since the last film I posted about, Once. Anybody got any recommendations concerning what's out right now? It looks like my Landmark arthouse theater's got Paris, Je T'aime, Crazy Love, La Vie en Rose, Angel-A (Luc Besson, probably not), Day Watch (never ended up catching Night Watch, so this one is out), Killer of Sheep, and Steel City, the rep theater near the University has Mafioso, and the small neighborhood screen is showing The Girl From Paris. Looks like I'll be seeing Killer of Sheep this week if nothing else. I need to sit in some air conditioning for a few hours and beat this heat! Any other suggestions??

-Coop

Worf101
06-18-2007, 03:46 AM
Peep peep peep...

"It's awful quiet out there..."
"Yeah, too quiet."

"When do you think they'll hit us?"
"Round dawn...."

Peep, peep, peep.

Da Worfster

Troy
06-18-2007, 06:37 AM
I saw the Paris movie. Like any film made of short vignettes, some good moments, some bad. The Coens piece was my favorite.

Go see Knocked Up!

topspeed
06-18-2007, 10:22 AM
While it's certainly no arthouse film, but I saw Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer yesterday and thought it was pretty darn good. Now granted, anything with Jessica Alba in spandex can't be all that bad, but I will say this one was leagues better than the first. Outside of Alba, I was intrigued because the Surfer was one of my favorite comics when I was a kid, so I was interested to see how they would portray him (correctly, btw). Will the movie change the way you think about society or politics? No. Will it provide a decent escape for both mind and body (I froze my fanny off)? Absolutely.

Gerald Cooperberg
06-18-2007, 07:49 PM
Go see Knocked Up!

I started the Knocked Up thread!

Thanks for the advice on the Paris film. I've been wanting to see it since it was making the rounds last year but I'll probably wait for the DVD.

-Coop

Troy
06-19-2007, 07:39 AM
I started the Knocked Up thread!

Doh!!