Remote Question [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Remote Question

kharp
06-15-2007, 08:02 AM
I'm an old member but new to the blog. Got a problem and thought maybe someone here would know what to do.

I have a Sony AVD-C700ES receiver/dvd/sacd changer that is missing a remote. I contacted Sony and was told that the original remote was not available but that they had a learning remote that would work. So, I ordered it, and guess what...it didn't work. This unit is a nice little unit for the bedroom and I hate to totally get rid of it, but it's really limited without the remote as there is no way (that I know if) to get into the menu and change any of the settings.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Kerry.

topspeed
06-15-2007, 09:29 AM
The remote Sony suggested for their own equipment doesn't work?!? The only thing I can think of is to try a remote that downloads commands online from a database, such as Harmony, and see if that works.

Jack in Wilmington
06-15-2007, 04:51 PM
You can try nlaremotes.com
They seem to specialize in the hard to find remotes.

There is also an RM-CL70 on ebay now. If that is your original remote. That may also be the same one Sony sent you that didn't work. Just a couple of options.

kharp
06-15-2007, 11:10 PM
The remote Sony suggested for their own equipment doesn't work?!? The only thing I can think of is to try a remote that downloads commands online from a database, such as Harmony, and see if that works.

Yeah, it was a learnig remote they told me would work. I sent them a search request and they came back with an email telling me they had one that would work. Now I have to send it back and wait for them to bless me with a refund.

I'm thinking about paying the $120 for the one off ebay (OUCH!!!).