Help Fix My Sloppy Box! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Help Fix My Sloppy Box!

WorkTheBox
06-12-2007, 08:13 PM
Hey, ah so I have a 15inch competition sub, its ported (box bought separetly) but I want it to be sealed. How can I fix this?
Currently its more sloppy than Paris after 7 Bacardis (ok not quit that sloppy but its messy none the less) so how can I block the hole?
I thought of maybe blocking it with a piece of wood, but that would look crap.
Any ideas?
Anyone?
Please help I want my sub tight

PeruvianSkies
06-12-2007, 08:24 PM
You have a sloppy box...that sounds like a personal issue. Ya might wanna check out a car audio site.

basite
06-13-2007, 01:15 AM
you can't just 'seal' it, the port is there for something, it's a ported design, if you want a sealed design, then get a sealed box, with all the damping materials & bracings inside.

GMichael
06-13-2007, 05:07 AM
A sloppy box huh? Just go ahead and set me up why don't ya?:crazy:

OK, I don't think that you can just seal a ported design. Too many variables. The driver may need a ported enclusure. (note that I did not say box) If you can post the specs to the driver, some here may be able to tell you if it's ok to seal it up.

kexodusc
06-13-2007, 05:16 AM
Yeah, post the woofer's T/S parameters and your cabinet's internal volume and we'll see what we can do.

GMichael
06-13-2007, 06:08 AM
If you can seal it, something like this may help. http://www.corkstore.com/compass/servlet/WBServlet?webfunctionid=web.prod.browse&action=select-top-category&time=22%3A59%3A11&quicksearch=&recid=615545&helpselected=&exitaction=&functionid=x

But my guess is that you could make something on your own.

Rich-n-Texas
06-13-2007, 06:27 AM
A sloppy box huh? Just go ahead and set me up why don't ya?:crazy:

WorkTheBox
"My Sloppy box"
"Block the hole"
"Please help I want my sub tight"

Yeah, I'm with you GM. :nono:

GMichael
06-13-2007, 06:35 AM
WorkTheBox
"My Sloppy box"