balanced LFE effects or one big SUBwoofer [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : balanced LFE effects or one big SUBwoofer

Hashpot
06-11-2007, 10:45 AM
I haven't decided what to do I could get another of the same Onkyo SKW-204 Powered Subwoofer and have a balanced low frequency effects or get a better sub with more amplified power and with more modern features the Onkyo is a nice speaker but its too simple i want to move on with a more high end sub but ill cost me more and I want be able to use my Onkyo sub, because it wont be balanced I heard it doesnt always sound better with two woofers but if anyone can convince me that a lets say a 300 watt (rms) sub will still sound good with my Onkyo 230watt integrated amplifier that im willing to go with that idea, but if not ill jus buy a similar sub or the same one at JR.com.my Hometheater is in a room 20by 18ft and the height is about 8ft.what should I do

GMichael
06-11-2007, 11:35 AM
One of these http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=300-770 will sound better than 4 of those Onkyo subs.

Hashpot
06-11-2007, 01:24 PM
IS the kit easy to asemble and it has a 240 amp i was looking for a sub more like a polk, w/300watts rms

GMichael
06-11-2007, 01:33 PM
IS the kit easy to asemble and it has a 230 amp i was looking for a sub more like a polk, w/300watts rms

Very easy. Everything is made to fit together. Just a few screws to twist, and 2 wires to connect. A little glue to stick the insulation to the inside wall and you're done.
Don't worry about that 230 w/rms amp. The driver is very efficient. It will be plenty powerful. It should out play that Polk.

Hashpot
06-11-2007, 01:59 PM
What do you think of the Dayton TITSK-10K 10" Titanic Mk III Subwoofer Kit

L.J.
06-11-2007, 02:33 PM
I own the 10" Titanic. It's a nice little sub but I'd suggest it for only a small to mid size room. I also own the 15" version, and let me tell you that bad boy is a beast. My room is larger than yours and my 15 can handle it without breakin' a sweat. Bass is smooth and even throughout the room.

What kinda budget you working with?

Hashpot
06-11-2007, 04:02 PM
dont really have one at the least 400, right now im craveing the Dayton 15" Titanic its sounds like it would satisfy my thirst for BASS, I saw your picture of the sub is that the Dayton TITSK-15A 15" Titanic Mk III

L.J.
06-11-2007, 04:43 PM
dont really have one at the least 400, right now im craveing the Dayton 15" Titanic its sounds like it would satisfy my thirst for BASS, I saw your picture of the sub is that the Dayton TITSK-15A 15" Titanic Mk III

Yeah that's the 15" Titanic. It's on the larger side and is not the best looking thing in the world but it's a very good sub. As GM said, setup is a breeze. I was able to get mine dialed in pretty good and got excellent results. Bass is deep but very smooth. Blends very well with my system. The bass is there but you wouldn't know it was coming from the sub. Several members here own one. Kex has also had good things to say about the 12" version as well.

Take a look at this thread (http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=20184). You can also do a search of Titanic.