Outer Poly Sleeves. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Outer Poly Sleeves.

jrhymeammo
06-10-2007, 10:55 AM
This should be okay to post.

Just wanted to let everyone know NOT to get this items.

http://www.needledoctor.com/12-Poly-Outer-Album-Jacket-100-pack?sc=2&category=500

This item barely fits over 12" singles with no room for a wiggle. When i tried to "slide" in thinner 12" singles, the outter poly ripped about 25% of the time. Gatefolds ot 2LP sets will NOT fit no matter how you try it.

Oh well, just dont make the same mistake I did.

Peace,

nobody
06-12-2007, 12:19 PM
I actually like the really tight fitting ones. When the outer sleeves are really loose, they get hard to file if you're kinda cramped for space and slide off and get all hard to deal with.

But, yeah, for double albums or thicker packaging, they're useless.

emorphien
06-12-2007, 03:27 PM
I prefer looser ones as well. I can't remember which brand I bought but either needle doctor or acoustic sounds was having a sale and the ones I got are able to hold a double and are tough.

royphil345
06-13-2007, 11:19 AM
Thanks for the heads up!!! Great to have more information about any vinyl-related products out there...

emorphien
06-13-2007, 04:34 PM
Mine are Phoenix record sleeves.

Package says Sleeve City, although I got them from one of the sites I mentioned before. It's a 5 mil Polypropylene sleeve.

superdougiefreshness
06-26-2007, 10:40 PM
Hey does anyone know what to do with these older box sets, what type of plastic covers to get for these ?
Later
SuperDougieFreshNess - San Diego - Blessings by the Sea :thumbsup: