Yamaha Receiver Registration? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha Receiver Registration?

Ace H
06-10-2007, 08:57 AM
I want to purchase a Yamaha Receiver from an authorized dealer and register it. To make certain the dealer is not just saying they are authorized and you will have the full manufacturers's warranty, when you register a Yamaha Receiver with the serial number, does Yamaha notify you immediately if the receiver was purchased from a legitimate source? Or do you only find this out if a repair is need? I would prefer to find this out upon registration of the product so I can return it if it not covered by the Yamaha warranty.

The company claim they are authorized and product (BRAND NEW) will have full manufacturers' warranty but he price is considerably lower than other KNOWN authorized Yamaha dealers for the same product. The LOW price is what really bothers me.

MikeyBC
06-11-2007, 03:50 AM
I'd check the box to see if its been opened before or in rough shape, Due to the unusually low price it may be a "B-stock " item....which is a item (reciever eg.) that was purchased by someone and returned very soon after, possibly dead out of box. The unit is sent back to the manufacturer and repaired and redistributed back to dealers, but i think it need to be marked "B-stock"...usually they are in perfect shape cosmetically and packaged correctly and will also carry full warranty.

If the dealer says they're a Yamaha dealer and stay in business you should be fine if you keep the bill of sale...how long have they been in business??

Ace H
06-11-2007, 05:36 AM
The company says they have been selling over the Internet for over 12 years and been in business in general more than 28 years.

brulaha
06-11-2007, 11:38 AM
Call Yamaha and ask. I'm sure they will be happy to tell you.

GMichael
06-11-2007, 11:42 AM
Are they on this list? http://www.yamaha.com/yec/customer/dealer.aspx?CTID=5010030

visit Yamaha's Authorized Internet Retailers:
Abt Electronics
Audio Advisor
B&H Photo
Best Buy
Crutchfield
J & R Music
Your Electronic Warehouse
Fry's One Call
Electronic Expo
6th Avenue Electronics
Stereo Advantage
Tweeter
Vann's Electronics
ZoboTV

Ace H
06-11-2007, 06:57 PM
I called Yamaha and was told the company was NOT an authorized retailer. I went ahead and paid the extra 100 bucks from a KNOWN retailer.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Ace

MikeyBC
06-12-2007, 04:28 AM
100 bucks is not a lot to pay for piece of mind :thumbsup:

GMichael
06-12-2007, 05:17 AM
I called Yamaha and was told the company was NOT an authorized retailer. I went ahead and paid the extra 100 bucks from a KNOWN retailer.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Ace

Smart move. If they lied to you about being authorized, then there's no telling what else they were lying about.
I wouldn't mind ordering from someone who admits to not being authorized if the deal was right. But I'd never buy from someone I knew was lying about it.