Random Shuffle on Onkyo DV-CP702 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Random Shuffle on Onkyo DV-CP702

jhan1959
06-09-2007, 05:58 AM
I have a problem when I use the all disc randon shuffle on my Onkyo dvd/cd changer, model DV-CP702.
When I have it on shuffle it sometimes will repeat a track that I already heard. I like sometimes through in 6 cds and want them to play on random and I'm not really interested in hearing the same track a half hour after I just heard it. Any ideas?

Luvin Da Blues
06-09-2007, 06:05 AM
I don't use random shuffle on my player but have had the same problem with Windows Media Player and Winamp. I found if I turn off the repeat function it won't repeat any track. Try this and I hope it helps.

markw
06-09-2007, 06:16 AM
Random is kinda like putting x pieces of paper in a box, pulling one out, reading it, and then putting it back in the box. That way, the selection of numbers remains truly random.

In a truly random situation, the possibility exists of it be drawn again before all the other numbers are picked.

It's kinda like putting 365 people in a room and assuming they will all have different birthdays. Odds are that's not gonna happen.

What you want to do is to pick that number and not put it back in the box, which is not technically "random" anymore.

Like LDB says, see if there's an option like his "no repeat"..

jhan1959
06-09-2007, 09:21 AM
Yeah, I've also had the same problem with Windows Media Player, even with the repeat button off. I had a HK disc changer a couple of years ago and when I player that one of random disc shuffle I never got any repeats. I always thought the idea behind a random function was that you would not get a repeat selection. I understand the idea behind taking a piece of paper out, etc, but again, I thought for random suffle purposes on a cd player you wouldn't get a repeat selection (basically, shouldn't the micro processor in the unit "know" what as been randomly played - ie it "knows" it played disc 5, track 2, and then would not repeat that again -seems like a simple alogorithm and I'm no programmer :)