Yahooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Yahooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ForeverAutumn
06-04-2007, 06:14 AM
Crowded House tickets went on sale at 10:00. I had mine by 10:05!

It'll be sold out within the hour. Maybe sooner.

This is one of my all-time favourite bands and I was heart-broken when they broke-up and then elated when I found out, ealier this year, that they were reuniting and touring.

As an added bonus, their opening act is Pete Yorn, who I've also wanted to see. I went to a record signing and in-store concert of Yorn's a couple years ago, but it was cancelled at the last minute because of a delayed flight.

I'm more excited about this show than I am about Rush or DT. I see Rush and DT almost annually. But this show is a rarity.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Dave_G
06-04-2007, 06:47 AM
Glad for ya, FA!

They are playing here too, I thought about going. Not a big CH fan but love Split Enz...and like some CH but am not way into them like you are...you actually made me a CH komp a while back...

Enjoy the gig!

Dave

GMichael
06-04-2007, 06:50 AM
Wow FA. It's a good summer for concerts huh?

ForeverAutumn
06-04-2007, 07:46 AM
Wow FA. It's a good summer for concerts huh?

No kidding! I don't think that we went to any concerts last summer. We're up to five so far this year. I've had to break the bank for three of them. My CH tickets were actually more expensive than my Rush tickets.

What do you think of that G Swish Daddy? :ciappa:

3-LockBox
06-04-2007, 10:08 AM
I can't believe I saw these guys in a club in BC almost 20 years ago. They put on a great show. Saw Chilliwac a few weeks before in the same club (seen Chilliwac twice in a small club setting, and they're a blast in that setting too).

Good for you FA.

Swish
06-04-2007, 01:26 PM
No kidding! I don't think that we went to any concerts last summer. We're up to five so far this year. I've had to break the bank for three of them. My CH tickets were actually more expensive than my Rush tickets.

What do you think of that G Swish Daddy? :ciappa:

...it's just not worth it to me. The most I paid so far this year is the upcoming Lyle Lovett/kd lang show at the Mann in Philly. I think we paid about $60 each, which is a bit much in my mind, but neither of them gets in my neck 'o the woods very often, and I've never seen either, so I'll make the exception this time.

Again, it's not that I can't afford to pay more, I just can't justify it. I have too many other things I would rather spend money on that would give me more satisfaction than a show. Just keep in mind that I saw the Decemberists for a mere $15 per on a Saturday night. :ciappa:

G Swish

Mike
06-04-2007, 01:32 PM
Hope it's a good concert, Woodface is one of all time favourite albums. I think it was you who put me onto Shane Nicholson who's a dead ringer for CH, thanks for the tip.

Cheers
Mike

ForeverAutumn
06-04-2007, 02:48 PM
Hope it's a good concert, Woodface is one of all time favourite albums. I think it was you who put me onto Shane Nicholson who's a dead ringer for CH, thanks for the tip.

Cheers
Mike

You're welcome! :wink5: It's only fair. I've lost count of how many bands you've introduced me to. Pete Yorn may have been one of them.

ForeverAutumn
06-04-2007, 02:51 PM
...it's just not worth it to me. The most I paid so far this year is the upcoming Lyle Lovett/kd lang show at the Mann in Philly. I think we paid about $60 each, which is a bit much in my mind, but neither of them gets in my neck 'o the woods very often, and I've never seen either, so I'll make the exception this time.

Yeah, but $60 US is about the same as $80 CDN. Or, at least it used to be before our dollar starting catching up.