Knocked Up [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Knocked Up

Gerald Cooperberg
06-04-2007, 12:00 AM
I can't be the only one who saw this movie over the past weekend... I thought it was great. <i>The 40-Year Old Virgin</i> was a real sleeper hit for me but this couldn't have been a surprise for anyone... Judd Apatow and his motley crew have a real knack for making sweet, human stories that are also uproariously funny. Throw in a great soundtrack by a personal favorite of mine, Loudon Wainwright III, and I'm sold. Just a word of warning - it's a little long for a comedy with its 2+ hour running time, but I never found myself yawning or looking for a clock. Anyone else seen this (or is planning to)?

-Coop

Worf101
06-04-2007, 04:27 AM
Heard nothing but great things about this movie. Too many movies this summer, not enough time.

Da Worfster

JSE
06-04-2007, 10:15 AM
Planned to see it this last weekend but missed it. I will difinitely be going this weekend.

Heard nothing but great review so far.

ForeverAutumn
06-04-2007, 03:17 PM
I'm glad to hear you say that. Based on the commercials it looked really, really dumb. One of my friends at work saw it and said it was funny...but I'm not sure yet how credible her opinions are. I count on the reviews here first.

It's hard for me to believe that a movie funnier than The 40 Year Old Virgin will ever be made...EVER.

PeruvianSkies
06-04-2007, 03:48 PM
Heard nothing but great things about this movie. Too many movies this summer, not enough time.

Da Worfster

Actually, too many bad movies, not enough good movies, and not enought time or patience to figure out which is which.

Troy
06-10-2007, 11:19 AM
WHAT a funny movie! There's some really HUGE laughs in this. Yeah, lowbrow as can be, but as already mentioned, sweet and human.

The movie is loaded with small roles that are just hilariously goofy. The older married couple dynamic was really great. Lots of very funny pothead/drug humor gags. 'Shrooms in a Vegas room with 5 different chairs. Outrageous sex and birth scenes. The search for a "gynechiatrist" ("hey you look just like your sister!" looking right at her crotch). Brilliant stuff. I want to see it again.

Almost everyone appearing in this was in 40 Year Old Virgin too. This ensemble rivals the Christopher Guest movie ensemble for improv chops. They are younger and more physical. Probably will be the funniest movie of the year.

Good theater flick. We had a big, laughing audience.